Mr Dave Gets A New Taxi Deal

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jamesm
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Mr Dave Gets A New Taxi Deal

Post by jamesm » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:44 pm

Congratulations, Dave. I second what nomiyah said... it couldn't happen to a nicer person.p.s. The "Mister Dave (Rogers)" picture is just a little... creepy.

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:11 am

Excellent news, Dave Well done!!

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:23 am

Nov 18, 2008, 11:44pm, jamesm wrote:...I second what nomiyah said...And I'll third that! Here's to your ever-expanding success!Glad To Know Ya! Allen

byllsong
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by byllsong » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:58 am

Congrats Mr. Dave
Billy

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nycoach » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:40 am

Congrats from over in Europe Dave!! You've been a big help to me with Taxi stuff, and I'm glad that nice guys like yourself still finish first!

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:58 am

Nov 19, 2008, 11:40am, nycoach wrote:Congrats from over in Europe Dave!! You've been a big help to me with Taxi stuff, and I'm glad that nice guys like yourself still finish first!Hey Coach,Details, details... we need details! What are you doing in Europe? Curious minds want to know. Name-dropping is perfectly acceptable. DavePS - Good to hear from you. Thanks.

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nycoach » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:14 am

Dave, Tonight is the final night after 77 days in a row in the US and 21 days over here in Europe! I fly home tomorrow, take a day or two off to sleep and then start recording ALOT of songs that have been brewing out here... Been on tour all year with Gavin Degraw...But anyway...I'm really happy for you, and it's inspiring to know that if you keep doing what you do, and do it well, like you do, good things will happen! Congrats again

Pinkstar
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Pinkstar » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:58 pm

Nov 18, 2008, 8:03am, davewalton wrote:I just got back from LA yesterday. Many things to post about, thoughts, reflections, plus my own set of "awards" given randomly to various people (who are all cringing at the thought of somehow being on my "awards" list). I'll get to all that later.I arrived home yesterday to find a new music library deal waiting for me in my mailbox as a direct result of a Taxi listing. So in addition to three other spanky Taxi deals over the last couple of years, this makes deal #4 I believe. When I replied to their email (in the affirmative of course) I couldn't resist mentioning that I've been in LA for two weeks, mentioning the Taxi Rally (since this was a Taxi deal) and also including this picture of me "hanging" in Beverly Hills post-Taxi Rally with Hollywood super-composer James Newton Howard... Their reply was "Uh... I think we need to talk about some projects we're doing". I'm a music deal whore... I admit it. It's impossible to separate Taxi's influence from any aspect of of what I do. Quite simply Taxi is the foundation upon which I'm building my career, both as a direct result of Taxi and as an indirect result of Taxi. I feel like having a "Ted Moment". THANKS MICHAEL LASKOW AND TAXI!DaveYou look like a cute couple, hee hee. You rock Dave! I look forward to hearing you on the Panel next year. JVB

girasoledonna
Impressive
Impressive

Post by girasoledonna » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:02 pm

I was there! I was there!! I was sitting right next to you!! I'm so glad of your new accomplishments!! Congrats! It was so great to meet you, and I know we'll be in touch

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:39 am

Hey Mr. Walton!BIG CONGRATULATIONS to ya'! Man, you're movin' up in the world, huh? Sounds GREAT!!I-468