Music for tv show usa

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

grays4u

Music for tv show usa

Post by grays4u » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:22 am

hi i have somone intrested in sending a song for tv series in usa however they say the want some sting edits to send with the submission and have ask for a payment under £100 if they want them to do it or have them done myself which i havnt a clue about. im always wary when im asked for money what are your thoughts or any help or advice

kclements
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Music for tv show usa

Post by kclements » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:11 am

I would be hesitant. I would ask a couple questions:

A) is it a guaranteed placement and on what TV show? Or is it going into a library that is getting pitched to tv? If so, what's the reputation of the library and is it exclusive or non exclusive?

B) what kind of edits do they need? If just string stems, that would be easy. If they want more, I would want details. I like to control my tracks and not let anyone mess with them unless I know what they are doing and get final approval of the edits. It is my name on the track, not theirs and I need to protect my reputation.

If they answer these questions to your satisfaction, then you can decide if it is worth the money. But personally, I would ask what kind of edits they are after and then learn to do it myself. Not only do you save the £100 or so, but it is a skill you will be able to put to use later.

Cheers
kc
kayle clements

When opportunity knocks, you better be dressed and ready to go!

clementunes.com | taxi | soundcloud

grays4u

Re: Music for tv show usa

Post by grays4u » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:54 am

hi thanks for your reply its just a pitch from him with the song to tv company claming to be a producer being paid by the company to find material for usa shows