Muted Trumpet?

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

benalder

Muted Trumpet?

Post by benalder » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:08 am

Hey guys,

I'm a new member, just getting started with Taxi really. Made a few submissions in recent weeks, all returns so far. Putting in the reps!

One piece had really good feedback, and what let me down was not having realistic sounding brass. In particular the muted trumpet and sax. It seems that, if I had better quality samples for those, I might even have earned a forward. Which is both really encouraging and tough to hear all at once - so close!

So, I'm pretty keen to find some software options that could allow me to improve the quality of the virtual instruments that I have for that piece and have it available for some future submission. (Currently only have the stock options available with Presonus Sphere+). I see that Native Instruments have Session Horns, but a friend told me that muted trumpet is only available in the most expensive version, which is quite beyond my reach for now.

What do others use? Are there any other options out there that sound decent but don't break the bank?

garrettmiller
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Muted Trumpet?

Post by garrettmiller » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:11 pm

The solo instruments at audiomodeling.com are a really good option imo. Break the bank? Well, Maybe, but wow they sound good with a little time invested in drawing MIDI CC’s.