My 1st Library Submission

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jaysta

My 1st Library Submission

Post by jaysta » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:20 pm

Hey guys,Names Jay, been a member of taxi for about 8-10 months, I produce, write, sing all of my own music aswell as with my band members, in my home studio. My style is mainly Hip Hop, though, 1 friend sings country, so I cross genres there! I have had about 4 forwards out of 8, and finally today got an email saying they have selected my song for their library."We first want to thank you for your submission, it wasselected because it stood out from the rest of thesubmissions at Taxi for this “Music Library” listing."YAY, thought I'd share my story.Jay.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My 1st Library Submission

Post by davewalton » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:48 pm

Quote:Hey guys,Names Jay, been a member of taxi for about 8-10 months, I produce, write, sing all of my own music aswell as with my band members, in my home studio. My style is mainly Hip Hop, though, 1 friend sings country, so I cross genres there! I have had about 4 forwards out of 8, and finally today got an email saying they have selected my song for their library."We first want to thank you for your submission, it wasselected because it stood out from the rest of thesubmissions at Taxi for this “Music Library” listing."YAY, thought I'd share my story.Jay.Hey Jay,Congrats on the forwards and library placement. Once you get your songs in the library (step 1), don't forget to ask if they'll consider auditioning other songs or if there's something additionally that you could write for them (step 2). It wouldn't be out of the ordinary to turn a music library deal of one or two songs into a deal with lots of songs.Cool story. Dave

jaysta

Post by jaysta » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanks for the info Dave, appreciate it.Just about to send my song, bio and info, and yeah your right, I need to add somthing more in my cover letter like, 'would you consider auditioning some more of my songs'.Didn't really think of that because I didn't want to be to over eager, and seem cocky..lol, but yeah is a good idea and will be editing my letter! Thanks again,Jay

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:10 am

Quote:Thanks for the info Dave, appreciate it.Just about to send my song, bio and info, and yeah your right, I need to add somthing more in my cover letter like, 'would you consider auditioning some more of my songs'.Didn't really think of that because I didn't want to be to over eager, and seem cocky..lol, but yeah is a good idea and will be editing my letter! Thanks again,JayIn my last post I made, I referred to two parts "Step 1" and "Step 2". Once you've satisfied their original request to their satisfaction (step 1) then on to step 2. They're in the business of providing music for whatever projects they provide music for. They need music. You've already demonstrated to a degree that your music is one of the sounds they're looking for. After concluding the business arrangements on your first deal, asking them about auditioning more existing music or writing new music is really making their life a lot easier.Over-eager and cocky would be "Step 3", immediately placing an order for a new Porsche or Maserati. Good luck,Dave

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:34 am

Way to go Jaysta! Good luck!Casey

drew
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by drew » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:38 am

Congrats, Jay, sounds like you're on the right track.
It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:04 am

A score right out of the box! Congratulations.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:48 pm

Congrats Jay. It's great to get good feedback from someone in the music biz like that. Do you have other tracks that are as good as the one they chose? You could burn a CD with the song they want and add a couple of bonus tracks. In any case, best of luck with the deal.Nomi

jaysta

Post by jaysta » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:24 pm

Thanks for the info Nomiyah!

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:56 am

Jay,congratulations to you, way to go!Quote:You could burn a CD with the song they want and add a couple of bonus tracks.I would advise against this. You wouldn't want to mix requested masters with new pitches. It's very confusing...if they agree to listen to additional material, that should go on it's own CD. It can be sent in the same shipment, but make sure everything is clearly labelled on the CDs and that you mention it in the cover letter.matto