My experience so far...and some advice!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

erikmusic

My experience so far...and some advice!

Post by erikmusic » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:23 pm

Hi all,I've been a member of Taxi for close to a year and a half now. Up to this point, I've landed three deals with three different music libraries, which is absolutely great. I've also learned a lot through the whole process in terms of things to do to improve my work. At this point, I'm a little more selective in terms of my submissions. There are times I'm happy with Taxi, and times they frustrate the hell out of me.....that's the honest truth. For example, the same songs that have landed me deals have been rejected tons of times for other listings! Now thats annoying!Some tips:1) Have a large volume of work! The more songs you have, the more opportunities you have to pitch.2) Submit as much as you can. (At this point, I've submitted nearly 170 songs all totalled to about 100 listings)3) Don't rely entirely on Taxi...I expected everything to happen from joining Taxi, but lately I learned that if I did my own research and looked for outside opportunities, there was success to be found. 4) Be persistent! Don't let rejection ruin your spirit!5) Be versatile....be able to create music in multiple genres.Well...I guess that's my story!Good luck!

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My experience so far...and some advice!

Post by gitarrero » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:44 am

...I have something to ad:6) learn to read what the listings are *really* looking for - and be picky enough to sends songs that really fit.so far I was never frustrated with taxi, although about 40% of my submissions get rejected (..which is still a good ratio I guess;)so maybe a...7) don't take any rejection, inside or outside of taxi, personal. it's just an opinion.and...8) keep improving your stuff, be open minded and willing to learn.cheers,Martin
production, composition & stringed instruments