My First Contract Through Taxi

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Acebass

My First Contract Through Taxi

Post by Acebass » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:27 pm

So I have been with Taxi for a year now and my renewal is next month in July. I was thinking about not renewing because I was not seeing any thing happen after my forwards that I was getting. I've gotten about 30 forwards as of the first year of me being with Taxi, and I was getting a little worried that maybe I should not renew because I was not hearing anything from any of the companies that my music was forwarded too. I must also mention that I have gotten forwarded within multiple genre listings. Gospel, Trailer Style, Rock, EDM, R&B, Trap, Sad Piano, Retro, Uplifting.... etc. That's a wide range of styles I know, but I wanted to see which styles of music would work for me. So within those 30+ forwards a company reached out to me for my R&B music. That's a great feeling because I was really thinking about pulling the plug on Taxi. So I'm going to renew but maybe just focus more on the R&B Urban style listings. Who knows right?? I'm still testing it out to see where I should put most of my energy within regards to the listings. I'm very grateful for at least 1 deal my first year with Taxi.

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My First Contract Through Taxi

Post by superkons » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:20 am

Congratulations! And yes, as you yourself experienced, it does take time to get a deal, I too got my 1st one after 1 year of membership, but a less number of forwards. After all, it is different for everybody, some get deals on their first submission, some wait years and years.
Anyway, congratulations again!
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:55 am

Congrats! Good things come to those who wait!!! Keep on pushing.
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Post by OwenGrech » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:56 pm

Congrats! It is really different for everybody so don't you ever give up! I got my first deal after a month on my second forward BUT I did not get any forwards in my second month yet (working on that!)
You got 30 forwards in a year which I think is quite a good number and that means that maybe next year 10 out of those 30 forwards turn into deals which then gets the ball rolling.
Most of the successful stories I hear turn out that way it seems so again don't give up and keep pushing! congrats :)

TimHarrison
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by TimHarrison » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:25 pm

Congratulations on your first deal. 30 forwards in your first year is amazing! I've been with Taxi for a number of years with 1 forward in my first year and then a couple of forwards here and there and gradually increasing in the last year or so. I nearly (I thought) got a deal a couple of months ago but it never came to fruition.
Here's hoping that your renewed membership brings more deals!

Tim

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:09 am

Congrats on hooking up with a Library. 30 Forwards per year is a decent amount , I would think if you kept that up you'd probably be hearing off a 2nd Library before too long