My first deal, and an amazing phone call!!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bitingthebullett

Re: My first deal, and an amazing phone call!!

Post by bitingthebullett » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:24 am

I was just wondering if you would share some info. regarding thepublishing % the licensing company is getting on your deal. I'm trying to get a sense of what is typical. One company here inSo. Cal wants 100% of the publishing! Anyone want to share their perspective on this..?

bigbluebarry
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bigbluebarry » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:08 am

Logan!!!!!!! That's awesome news man! I knew about the library deal but I hadn't heard about the phone call! Man, that just rocks! - Big Blue
Imagine a steel cage match between Daughtry, Coldplay, Paramore and Demon Hunter with Joe Satriani as the referee...

http://www.taxi.com/bigbluebarry
http://www.bigbluebarry.com
http://www.twitter.com/bigbluebarry

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:51 am

Nov 25, 2008, 10:24am, bitingthebullett wrote:I was just wondering if you would share some info. regarding thepublishing % the licensing company is getting on your deal. I'm trying to get a sense of what is typical. One company here inSo. Cal wants 100% of the publishing! Anyone want to share their perspective on this..?I have deals where they get 100% of the publishing and deals where they get 50% of the publishing, and I've seen the odd deal where they get only 25% of the publishing.A deal where they get 100% of the publishing would be acceptable to me (meaning I get 100% of songwriting), depending on other details, like, I get 50% of synch, that it's either non-exclusive; or exclusive with a reversion clause, and what their track record is. I'd rather have a reasonable deal right now with a decent library or publisher than hang on to the song hoping for something better down the road.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

bitingthebullett

Post by bitingthebullett » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Hummingbird,Thanks for sharing your perspective. I'm definitely not declining the offer - I just sense that any library source that is geared towards taking publishing royalties away from the artist - is kind of shady...

vickye
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by vickye » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:58 pm

This is such a great story! Celebrate, celebrate, celebrate!!!

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by deantaylor » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:33 am

Hey Logan,You are having a good month. Well deserved. Congrats.Dean

christophersclaybo
Impressive
Impressive

Post by christophersclaybo » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:44 pm

CONGRATS!!!!!!It's successful people like YOU that prove beyond a doubt Taxi is THE REAL DEAL!!!!!!!Taxi opens doors. Cod, I'd HATE to think of the predicament I'd be in if there was no Taxi! ...I've not landed anything... yet... Because of Taxi I have met more REAL industry people than I can count on both hands AND both feet AND been hooked up with REAL industry PROFESSIONALS...NOT these local BS nobodies who have zero connections in the REAL biz...NOT just these no-name radio station DJ's "in the stix" who really don't know their a-- from a hole in the ground.

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:20 am

Logan!!!! WOW-- what a GREAT story!! Congratulations!! More Rally success stories for the holiday-- I loved every bit of your post! Yeah, ditto for Bird and Ted-- your stuff IS terrific and it's just a matter of time!! Boy, am I sure glad I got one of your CD's!! Keep us posted with the followup. I can't wait to hear more about where it lands. May it get used used used!!! Bet by next year's Rally you'll have a pile more stories to share with us!!! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

audiorayne
Impressive
Impressive

Post by audiorayne » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:08 pm

Thanks folks... Taxi is indeed the real deal!Spread the word! Spread the love! Spread the smilies!! Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving (or equivalent)...Cheers,-AR

gburgess
Impressive
Impressive

Post by gburgess » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:00 am

AR,Just saw this one. More than cool. Very neat!Congrats and best wishes as you move on with this company.GB