My First Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kennyfeinberg

My First Forward

Post by kennyfeinberg » Mon May 23, 2022 8:40 pm

I got my first forward on SOUND DESIGN-Driven, SCI-FI-Style INSTRUMENTAL CUES. What happens now? Who can I look to hear from Taxi or the Library? https://www.taxi.com/members/QJnrgJlKT2 ... -uninvited

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My First Forward

Post by Paulie » Tue May 24, 2022 6:47 am

Congrats on the forward! What to expect now is to work on your next listing. :) Taxi has served its purpose for you forward, they sent your music to their client. If that client wants to add it to their catalog they will contact you directly (not Taxi). Do not check your email every day waiting for a response, sometimes libraries reach out within a week, sometimes it takes a month, and in some cases it has taken years. Most of the time, 90% or more at least, you will not hear back at all. The good news is that your music met Taxi's standards, which means you can do this. Hence the time tested Taxi mantra, "Write, submit, FORGET, repeat." :)
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

kennyfeinberg

Post by kennyfeinberg » Tue May 24, 2022 8:49 pm

Thanks Paulie, Does Taxi forward my contact info? They have my email but I don't think they have my phone number So then i can not look at my email for the slight possibility of hearing from the Library. Your post in very funny and on the mark. 10% of takers isn't really bad. Even though I'm new to taxi I'm already working on my next listing too. Write, submit, FORGET, repeat I'm on it. What's your genres? I'm mostly Guitar and programming.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed May 25, 2022 7:19 am

kennyfeinberg wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:49 pm
Thanks Paulie, Does Taxi forward my contact info? They have my email but I don't think they have my phone number So then i can not look at my email for the slight possibility of hearing from the Library. Your post in very funny and on the mark. 10% of takers isn't really bad. Even though I'm new to taxi I'm already working on my next listing too. Write, submit, FORGET, repeat I'm on it. What's your genres? I'm mostly Guitar and programming.
Taxi always sends your contact info, no worries. 99.9% of the time if the library contacts you, it will be by email. Make sure the email address Taxi has for you is one you check regularly. Congrats and good luck! :D

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Thu May 26, 2022 7:08 am

Hey, huge congrats! The first one always means a lot! Your link doesn’t work. The most important advice has been given already. DON’T forget to check your SPAM folder!!!!! My bigest deal laid in the spam for a couple of days :? :?
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Sat May 28, 2022 4:12 pm

Congratulations!!

And, what they all said! I've had several forwards now and haven't heard back from any libraries...YET. I just keep on working on improving so I can get more forwards!

Best wishes, and I hope you get signed!

Merry :)