My first forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bobsongsmusic

My first forward

Post by bobsongsmusic » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:58 pm

Yesterday I drove 80 miles to the music store and handed over £2,000 ($3,000) for a new computer and a whole load of software (Cubase 5, EWOQL Gold etc) as I've been told (quite rightly) that my orchestral pieces sounded too synthetic and that's why my tunes weren't being forwarded.This morning I checked my e-mails to find that my track "The game's up" has been forwarded for listing Y090206IN HAPPY/UPBEAT/FUN INSTRUMENTALS!You gotta laugh - I did! http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=true

byllsong
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My first forward

Post by byllsong » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:17 am

Ha Ha Ha Congrat.Billy
Billy

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:09 am

Hey bobsongsmusic!Congrats on your first! Nice tune! Ya still did the right thing though by getting that EWQL software. I went through the exact same type of transition that you're goin' through, and I must say, I've been gettin' forwards (on the orchestral side) ever since I purchased that software. Can't go wrong there. I heard your tunes that didn't get forwarded. Gold will make them sound a whole lot better, that's if you choose to redo 'em. That can be a tough choice. I've struggled a few times to try & redo a tune, and found it was easier to just start a new one altogether. You may be up for the challenge though! Good Luck!ibanez468

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:59 am

Feb 17, 2009, 1:58am, bobsongsmusic wrote:You gotta laugh - I did! http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... am=trueI'm happy for you in several ways! Your forward is well deserved because it hit the mark! Sure the sounds are "synthy" but in this case it adds to the playfullness of the piece. Fun-fun-fun!Your cash expenditures will open doors to new opportunities for your obvious talent!You haven't wasted your money by upgrading. Your serious stuff is going to shine once you get the hang of your new toys tools!Onward & Upward!Allen

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by orest » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:01 am

Wonderful piece! Yes, you have spent your money well!

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jay10music » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:25 am

BOB...I KNOW THE FEELING.....Some times U send something U think sucks and "BINGO" FORWARD...jAY....CONGRATZ....Nice job,,Jay

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:52 am

Congrats, Bob.That first one somehow changes everything.And you will NOT regret the upgrade. I have to agree with the folks here...it's only going to open more doors for you.WTG!
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

stevebarden
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by stevebarden » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:19 am

Hey Bob, congrats on the forward. The tune is very energetic. Everybody has already said it, but your investment in new gear will definitely be worthwhile. I'm looking forward to hearing what you come up with from the new aural palette.Steve

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by brindabella » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Very catchy, like Allen said, the synthy sound adds to the feel of fun. Congratz on your expenses too, you wont regret it!
"The crucial thing in life is not to repeat oneself." Antonio Stradivari.

http://www.Reverbnation.com/laurasanz

bobsongsmusic

Post by bobsongsmusic » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Regrets? I've had a few, but then again too few to mention........Thanks for the congrats I know I wont regret upgrading my tired old kit, it's about time. Thanks to Taxi and my friends here I have the perfect reason.Still, it did make me laugh!