My first library placement...and it's all Taxi!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

devin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

My first library placement...and it's all Taxi!

Post by devin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:57 am

Taxi works!!! After an exciting weekend of background work, I've just received confirmation that some of my songs are being loaded into an awesome music library...and it's all because of Taxi! What part(s) did Taxi play? Please consider this:- Since March 2007, I gave and received feedback in the Taxi forums. While trying to help others, I specifically discovered I had to develop my drumming/production skills. I received ALOT of help in return (I have a long way to go still...)- I wrote a song specifically for a listing in the fall (the song didn't exist before the listing)- I needed help on the song half way through, so I set up a collab with Marc Blackwell (who I met here on the Taxi forum)- I received feedback in the "Peer to Peer" section of the forum to sharpen my production on the song- I finished the song on time to meet the listing deadline, and I submitted- Taxi forwarded the song to a great music library- The music library contacted me last Friday, and the deal was done today.Woo Hoo!!!Now, it's still a long way from having an end client pick my song and use it. But this is the next step of a very exciting journey for me...so I'm celebrating!(OK, now I gotta go write, submit, repeat.....)Taxi works! (Didn't I say that already?!?)[Edited: forgot to share my tune...bad Dev!]This is the song that was forwarded and accepted: "One Minute Penalty"http://www.taximusic.com/stream/184793/ ... %20.mp3For this listing:MODERN ROCK/HARD ROCK INSTRUMENTALS are wanted by a very successful Production Music Library who has placements with ABC, CBS, NBC, WB, Disney, Discovery, Lifetime, Fox, USA, etc. (to name just a few). It's vital that the tracks have a lot of variation and dynamic shifts, with momentum and build. You'll want to focus on high energy, uptempo tracks with a clear forward movement and compelling dynamics. A current, radio-ready tone is essential for this one! You can submit tracks that range between 1-4 minutes in length and be sure there are NO VOCALS on these tracks. Recording & production needs to be really great and Broadcast quality is necessary - excellent home recordings should be fine. Please submit 1-3 instrumental tracks online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than November 11, 2008. TAXI #S081111RK
Earplugs may be required for anyone over the age of cool.

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My first library placement...and it's all Taxi

Post by davekershaw » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:10 am

That's terrific news Devin!It's payoff time!!Here's hoping someone finds a use for it really quick.All the best,Dave.

devin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by devin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:10 am

OK, let me start a tally of the real payoff though...that's 1 (qty=one) Stella I owe, right Dave?!?
Earplugs may be required for anyone over the age of cool.

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:31 am

Congratulations!!! This is awesome news! It is always exciting to hear about things like this. Thanks for sharing all the steps it took to get to this point too. May this be the first of many signed for you in 2009! ~ Lydia
Lydia L. Ashton

http://www.lydiaashton.com

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:54 am

Yeah Devin!!!!! I'm so excited about all the good news lately! Here's to another great year!Jeff

bigbluebarry
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bigbluebarry » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:58 am

Devin!!!!! DUDE!!!! CONGRATS MAN!!!! That's awesome news my friend! I'm VERY HAPPY for you! I know you worked your tail off this year and you deserve this.- Big Blue
Imagine a steel cage match between Daughtry, Coldplay, Paramore and Demon Hunter with Joe Satriani as the referee...

http://www.taxi.com/bigbluebarry
http://www.bigbluebarry.com
http://www.twitter.com/bigbluebarry

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:09 am

Hi Devin,Alright!!!! The first ones always the sweetest!!!Here's to many many more in 2009!Congrats!Bob

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 am

Fantastic!!!!! ....great news...... now the wait for a placement..... ho hum.....vtbp

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:44 am

Hey Devin,Congratulations! (munches popcorn while listening to excellent "One Minute Penalty" track )Dave