my first royalty cheque that came through taxi

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: my first royalty cheque that came through taxi

Post by squidlips » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:24 am

Thanks for that, matto. Wish you wrote all the application stuff for Ascap. It would make my life absolutely swell! Martin, another well deserved success. Congratulations!

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:00 am

Congrats Martin! That has to be the best feeling.What are these 4 P's you speak of?
-- Marc Blackwell

djdeweese
Impressive
Impressive

Post by djdeweese » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:08 am

Thumbs up! Glad to hear your good news. By the way, what was the song? Is there somewhere we can listen to it?Wishing you continued success!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:13 am

Congrats!!!Anytime you get a check for any amount in this crazy business it's a good thing! Fantastic!!!I can help you cash it here in the U.S. for a "small" percentage... Casey

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:23 am

Hurray Martin!Your work is fantastic so I'm not surprised to learn that you're starting to see more rewards flowing your way. I really appreciate your participation in this forum especially because you're a fabulous guitar player and also because you are very kind & informative in all of your posts. -Allen

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:59 am

thanks for all the nice comments.to answer the questions:@jaxsn: congrats on your forwards & all the best. just remember that - at least in my experience - it usually takes a bunch of forwards to "hit" something, so if I was you I just would move on and do the next track.... submit... and do the next track...;)@ matto: yeah you're right, to clear it: I'm the artist AND writer of the tracks, so what I meant was: I get the money from the performance org. too, it just will take it's own sweet time.@marcblack30: matto will correct me if I'm wrong;) the 4 p's: professionalism, persistance, productivity, patience@dj deweese: latin tracks, here's an example:http://martytone.com/songbase/streamit. ... 14@allends: thanks! btw: I'm using the guitar-to-midi converter now quite regularly, I just recorded a church organ-part for a movie with it. for me as a guitarist it's a great & fast way to access all those midi-sounds that used to be only playable by keyboard.cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:16 am

Quote:btw: I'm using the guitar-to-midi converter now quite regularly, I just recorded a church organ-part for a movie with it. for me as a guitarist it's a great & fast way to access all those midi-sounds that used to be only playable by keyboard.Martin,I assume also that you can be more expressive this way than by typing MIDI data. It would be great to have a listing of tracks where you used this recording technique. I would like to hear your results.-Allen

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:08 am

Quote:Quote:btw: I'm using the guitar-to-midi converter now quite regularly, I just recorded a church organ-part for a movie with it. for me as a guitarist it's a great & fast way to access all those midi-sounds that used to be only playable by keyboard.Martin,I assume also that you can be more expressive this way than by typing MIDI data. It would be great to have a listing of tracks where you used this recording technique. I would like to hear your results.-AllenI've posted some (very simple) mp3s about the axon 50usb, I think it was on the "guitar"-thread - or maybe I opened a new thread, can't remember right now. anyway, the double bass-mp3 was cool to play - I wouldn't be able to play this live on a keyboard.cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

ljweber70
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ljweber70 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:05 am

Congratulations, Martin!Larry

michaeldean
Active
Active

Post by michaeldean » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:48 pm