My Neighbor's A Wookie

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

My Neighbor's A Wookie

Post by ernstinen » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:05 am

Those of you who know my "Neighbor Saga" will be interested to know that he has reverted into Wookie mode, howling like Chewbacca from Star Wars.In his delusion, he believes that all the landscaping and plants around our townhomes are "his." So this morning (because it's been so cold and windy here), my wife was watering and he came out on his patio and started howling like Chewbacca: "Ahroooooogh! Ahrooooooogh!" He went back inside, only to come back out and continue his yelling.I immediately called the Detective on our case. We'll see if he gets taken away.Ern

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: My Neighbor's A Wookie

Post by hummingbird » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:57 am

anyone remember that song from the 50s.... 'they're coming to take me away'' - and on the other side of the 45, the song was backwards... "yawa em ekat ot gnimoc er'yeht"I hope he gets carted away soon
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

og
Impressive
Impressive

Post by og » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:31 pm

Ern, I gotta say you make me feel better about living next to "My Name Is Earl"s less classy cousins. The music and hollerin' just don't seem that bad.Hope thay cart 'im off this time!

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:59 pm

Quote:anyone remember that song from the 50s.... 'they're coming to take me away'' - and on the other side of the 45, the song was backwards... "yawa em ekat ot gnimoc er'yeht"I hope he gets carted away soonI do Ms. Bird, but that was from the mid-60's. My mother didn't want us kids to listen to it --- she thought it was "sick" and unsympathetic to the mentally ill. She was your classic civil rights/folkie mom straight out of the movie "A Mighty Wind" (a hilarious film if you know anything about folk music from back then). Ern

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:20 pm

I remember that single from the 60's quite well. I also remember there was some protest about it being insensitive to the mentally ill.BTW, Do you remember the 60's or 70's TV show with Kate Jackson (future Charlie's Angel) about new cops? I think it was called The Wookies... I crack myself up sometimes... Uh oh, they are coming to take me away.... Bye Casey

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:42 pm

What is this way back when stuff??? Wasn't it just a couple of years ago, or were the drugs really that strong?
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

og
Impressive
Impressive

Post by og » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:01 pm

I'm sorry, Ed, they really were....

airportface

Post by airportface » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGoU8sp8SzwInstead of complaining, you should use this as an opportunity as Lucas did !!(this has been around for a long time, but I just saw this yesterday and could not resist.....sorry about making light of your situation but maybe this can help you chuckle next time he is out in the garden)