My Neighbor's Back

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My Neighbor's Back

Post by edteja » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:32 am

I can imagine the stress this is causing you Ern (not to mention our wife). Unfortunately it is hard to figure out what to do while you are in the middle of the fight. I think that Johnny Dean is basically right (strategically) in that you need to find a lever. But the lever has to be a suitable one. There are a number of good lines of defense you can take, but it depends on the layout of your property, the distance to his, and so on. You might consider getting a PI to check him out--he might have prior events on his record that would be useful to you, and tell the PI to make it obvious that he is being checked out (go through his garbage as well as his records). It is cheaper than moving. You need a few aces, amigo, and you will have to go get them.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

drew
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by drew » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:35 am

Maybe a few practice shots in the back yard with a crossbow would do the trick. Then sit with the front door open and point it at him when he walks by and dare him to walk in ( yeah, I know, a little overboard, but I'd do it).I taught my sons that in an altercation the meanest one is always the one who wins, start being unreasonalby mean to him. There's no such thing as a fair fight, he's proving that by terrorizing your wife.But, he may just be looking for someone to sue for easy bucks. Protect youself in every way you can, the police reports and restraining orders will go a long way in protecting legally you if something happens. I have seen police go "talk" to someone just to try to scare them, ask if they will do this for you.
It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere

booker
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by booker » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:28 am

Or you could burn an Iranian flag in your front yard..... with him in effegy.... seems to be the thing to do in Iran. As REO Speedwgon says "sometimes you've got to talk to them in their own language." Wha wha whaaaaaa!

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:17 pm

Wow Ern...This story is becomming more like a horror movie.I've read through this entire thread and I can't believe what you and yours are having to endure. Really sorry to hear that. This guy is pure sludge.Keep the faith and don't stoop to his level. Why not spend a grand and get some inconspicuous surveillance installed? I know that's an extreme measure, but you are dealing with extreme at this point...

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:12 am

Whew! Our attorney got the judge to O.K. a Restraining Order against this nut today. A big, big legal victory.The last time we were at the police station, the desk sergeant said "Help US help YOU! Get a Restraining Order!" The police don't screw around if you have one of those. It's near the top of their list of priorities. They WANT to prevent a crime from happening, and answer a 911 call ASAP. So if this jackass does ANYTHING against me and my wife, it's off to jail. (Oh, I guess I should apologize to all the jackasses and nuts of the world). Ern

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:19 am

Quote:Whew! Our attorney got the judge to O.K. a Restraining Order against this nut today. A big, big legal victory.The last time we were at the police station, the desk sergeant said "Help US help YOU! Get a Restraining Order!" The police don't screw around if you have one of those. It's near the top of their list of priorities. They WANT to prevent a crime from happening, and answer a 911 call ASAP. So if this jackass does ANYTHING against me and my wife, it's off to jail. (Oh, I guess I should apologize to all the jackasses and nuts of the world). Ern Glad to see the wheels of justice begin to turn. Who delivers that, by the way? Hopefully a Sheriff. He/she will have much more impact than the mailman.

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:01 am

My neighbor was served yesterday at 6:30 A.M. by a burly Marshal in full uniform complete with badge and gun. Yippee!I wish I could have seen the look on the face of this crazy Ir --- er, uh, --- wonderful neighbor. Ern

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:11 am

Quote:My neighbor was served yesterday at 6:30 A.M. by a burly Marshal in full uniform complete with badge and gun.That's a convenient time... and a good way for him to start his day.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:39 am

Quote:My neighbor was served yesterday at 6:30 A.M. by a burly Marshal in full uniform complete with badge and gun. Yippee!I wish I could have seen the look on the face of this crazy Ir --- er, uh, --- wonderful neighbor. Ern NOW is the time "I" would be worried ern.I would be very careful!j

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:53 am