My Neighbor: The Finale (I Hope)

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

My Neighbor: The Finale (I Hope)

Post by ernstinen » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:58 pm

The saga of my wacko neighbor continued today with a victory in court. The restraining order was extended for 6+ months. Yay! Of course, his bottom-feeder attorney put in some 11th hour documents that were complete b.s. that the judge saw through. Check out this "defense":1. My wife and I walk at night in his attic. (Impossible --- there is no attic).2. I wake him up at night by farting on the common wall. 3. We run a loud motor every night from 12 midnight to 7 A.M so he can't sleep. (How could WE sleep?).And on and on.Mr. Wacko then told the judge we throw pennies and cat toys at the common wall. The judge said "How do you know that? Is the wall invisible? --- You sound like a 5-year-old in a sand box." (I wish he had said "you sound like a 60-year-old man who is insane.").Anyway, it's full moon tonight. We expect some howling.Ern

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My Neighbor: The Finale (I Hope)

Post by gitarrero » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:42 pm

I hope that all will be over soon for you - such things are always energy-consuming and stressing...I don't have any problems with a neighbour here (House with 6 Families), though the house-owner is a jerk...
production, composition & stringed instruments

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:28 am

If he howls, you could record it and sample it for a tune called THE PROBLEM WITH NEIGHBORS.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

og
Impressive
Impressive

Post by og » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:36 am

Hope you can get some peace and quiet, Ern. And some relaxation.

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roughly » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:49 am

Quote:1. My wife and I walk at night in his attic. (Impossible --- there is no attic).2. I wake him up at night by farting on the common wall. 3. We run a loud motor every night from 12 midnight to 7 A.M so he can't sleep. (How could WE sleep?).Hilarious! You really should keep from walking in their attic at night and perhaps cut back on the beans Glad you'll be getting some relief from this crazy!

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:47 pm

ErnHe obviously has schitzophrenia or something like that. Paranoid hallucinations, lack of control emotionally, etc. Please be careful because he is very unpredictable, with or without a restraining order, unless he's properly medicated. Good luck.Nomi

oneeyewillie
Impressive
Impressive

Post by oneeyewillie » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:27 pm

This has been one of the most interestin stories I have read since the Soup Kitchen days...I'm always eager tae read the next installment...Ern, I hope it's over for ye, but it has been a funny read.I'm sure there's lots of fodder fer some songs!

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:59 pm

Well, now I'm pissed off. It seems that some of the perjury that my neighbor spewed out had to do with my wife. He said that the same night my wife got scared of him pounding on the walls (when I was out of town and she spent the night at our other neighbor's place), he swore my wife was outside, drunk on her ass, and carrying one of our cats and swearing at him.This guy is totally insane, and our homeowners association has to pay.The Judge said: "Your HMO has completely let you down. I advise you to SUE THEM!"So, we will, as well as our neighbor's wife (who owns the property and has her "husband" as a tenant).God, I want this to stop, but we have to move forward. We'll have close to $20,000 in legal fees that we have to recoup if we don't.Is this what's being an "adult" is about? I just want to write music again. I want to feel the joy I felt today when I heard "Isn't She Lovely" on the radio. Please bring back the joy in my life.Ern __________________

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Post by 53mph » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:42 pm

I've got an idea Ern, though it's not pretty.Move from your nice home and rent it out. But don't just rent it out to anyone. Filter out all the good guys, nice couples, pleasent families and rent your play to some schizo freak (or freaks).....then sit back and watch the fireworks.I wonder how a schizo freak would feel living next door to another? In all seriousness though, Nomi is right. They guy sounds like he's got some proper mental instability and you should be careful because with, or without a restraining order he could still do something. Keep cataloguing the disturbing activities and perhaps call the police when he gets too bad. This will build up a list of evidence with the police which can then be used in court against him.If he says "they did this and that" he's only got his word against yours. If you say "He was howling like a dog" you'll also have a police report to back it up.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:14 pm

Ern, my heart goes out to you and your wife.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website