My submission was returned . . pls read

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

stickinsound

Re: My submission was returned . . pls read

Post by stickinsound » Wed May 30, 2007 6:13 am

incredible tune and production was phonominal(?) i can see where they would say its not a joan jet type tune , but dont give up on it , maybe it just wasnt what they were lookin for on this listing, but this tune kicks some serious but , and is firing on all cylinders. good luck

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Wed May 30, 2007 11:47 am

I liked the song quite a bit. I don't know enough about the nuances of the styles they asked for to say why it was rejected. Keep trying though. The song should eventually do something for you. I probably would have been upset and mystified too if it were my submission.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Thu May 31, 2007 4:05 am

Quote:Hi, My submission to a recent Dispatch listing was returnd. I'm a little surprised as I thought the song would be great for what the listing called for.PUNK-POP SONGS with FEMALE VOCALS ONLY a la the Runaways, Joan Jett, the Go-Go's, L7, the Donnas, etc. are needed for a new sitcom set to air on a major cable network [the first episode -- of six -- will be shown June 4th]. The show is about a group of "sexy, edgy, and outrageous" 20-something girls who live together in Venice Beach, CA. The show follows them enjoying LA's nightlife [clubbing, eating at restaurants, etc] and dealing with life's ups and downs. Please listen to the song I submitted and I'd welcome anyones opinion (especially somebody from Taxi) on why they think it didn't get forwarded. The name of the song is "Funky Mood". I'm a little bitter about the rejection.http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artisti ... tID=7440Hi, Jimmys Girl. I gotta chance to listen to your song even though my computer has some problems. From what I could hear, you are very talented. I can't understand why the screeners passed on your song....while not exactly Joan Jett, it certainly has a Go-Go's feel. Sometimes, even though your music is great, it's just not the fit they want for some reason. As far as being bitter, everyone has those feelings, but don't let it get to you too much. I've been pitching for a year now, and I still haven't had any luck, but rejection comes with the territory. In fact, most successful songwriters out there struggled for years before they had their first break. Sometimes, rejection can be a catalyst for creating better works. If you truly believe in what you're doing, one day, you will succeed, imo.....that break could come next week or ten years from now.....takes a lot of patience.Anyway, good luck!

emusic
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by emusic » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:01 pm

No such song on the link provided. What´s ther now is Livin' it Up, You and only You and Epiphany.RegardsEmusic

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:52 am

@emusic: this post was startet june 2004, so no wonder there is no song anymore...
production, composition & stringed instruments