My Xmas return

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

My Xmas return

Post by brindabella » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:59 pm

Well, my Xmas song was returned. Not that Im surprised, I knew my arrangement was not what the listing called for but what the heck,nothing wrong with trying, no?This is what the screener said: Music 9 Marketability 8 Arrangement 8 Production 8 Engineering 8 Musicianship 9 This was a tough call on style. Its close to the listing request in that its are "not looking for traditional" sounding versions. This is a traditional song and i hear it has a very "different' arrangement, yet it still sounds "tradional" on deliveryThank you for sharing your music. I appreciate the opportunity to screen your music. I appreciate the new arrangement of this traditional song. Even though its a new arrangement, stylistically it still has a "traditional" sound. If the rhythm of the song, changed to something different, like samba, swing, or jazz improv, style then it would be a great match for the listing. Terrific job on musicianship. As a piano player myself, I recognize your great chops, dynamics and arranging skillsThis a a beautiful arrangement of a traditional song. My only concern is that even with its new arrangement, it still sounds "traditional". The listing was calls for something slightly more "Diverse" and "imaginative". (jazz, swing, salsa, etc)As all of you know, I've been struggling with "no synthie" sounds and "broadcast quality". This is with the EWQL Steinway ( he/she didnt complain about that)Any comments are welcomed! http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 7&stream=1
"The crucial thing in life is not to repeat oneself." Antonio Stradivari.

http://www.Reverbnation.com/laurasanz

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My Xmas return

Post by bmete » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi Brinda,Nice playing, I enjoyed your song.Great scores too!Bob

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Hey brindabella,I liked this version alot...Very good piano playing and arrangement !...And sounds like a real piano to me .I think they were looking for Swing/Jazzy/Salsa versions of Xmas tunes on this listing. This listing is from a company I know and they like Jazzy versions and such for their compilations...You're version was excellent and I'm sure you will find a taker for it when the right listing comes along. Best to you !MG

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:35 pm

I agree with the rest of the fellas here... nice track and good sound quality. One of those fence sitters that could have gone either way. Closer to Christmas there will be lots of listings for this to fit into.I've been using the same EWQL Steinway as you for the past few years and I haven't had any issues with it as far as quality (no complaints from anyone that I can recall). For something that's just thrown in as a small part of a large orchestra package, it's reallly pretty good. I've settled on the Steinway Mix... I turn up the volume to around 3.2 and limit the velocity to around 60% of maximum. It gives a very warm, full sound... not good for cutting through on a Rock track but nice for most orchestral/electronica type of tracks.Good stuff,Dave

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by brindabella » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:57 pm

Thank you guys! I really dont worry about not being a forward, I'm just happy Im leaving behind the synthie sound!Hey Dave, great minds think alike! That's the one I like the most!

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:00 pm

brinda,Good job on this regardless of not being forwarded. This'll work for some other listings I'm sure. Piano sounds great! I guess I'll have to start using IT, since my choices haven't been cutting the mustard.I-468

tinozigzag
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tinozigzag » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:02 am

Hi brindabella,The piano sound is great, really warm.A good song which will do you good eventually.RegardsTINO

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by brindabella » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Thank you guys, now I only have to worry about the horns...and the strings...and the drums....