Nashville Nomi

Got a gig? Looking to Gig? Post it up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Nashville Nomi

Post by horacejesse » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:03 am

Quote:Pen, paper, bathing suit... OK. What are you going to wear when you are not on stage?

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:43 pm

Quote:Quote:Pen, paper, bathing suit... OK. What are you going to wear when you are not on stage?Do cowboy hats and bootsGo with bathing suits?

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:04 pm

Quote:Quote:OK. What are you going to wear when you are not on stage?Do cowboy hats and bootsGo with bathing suits?Not as well as with birthday suits. The joke was just sitting there!

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:32 am

Quote:Do cowboy hats and bootsGo with bathing suits?Some people should dress no other way.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:12 am

Quote:Quote:Do cowboy hats and bootsGo with bathing suits?Some people should dress no other way.It definitely would not work for me.

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:07 pm

Quote:I'll be performing at the Nashville Songwriter Festival on Music Row, my first gigs in Nashville. If you're in the area, come see me (it's free).Friday June 15, 11:15 pmAmerican Songwriter Magazine stage50 Music Square WestSaturday June 16, 10:15 pmSure-Fire Music stage60 Music Square West I'll play Sunday too but don't know the schedule yet. I'll be doing 3 songs each day.NomiHere's Sunday schedule. If any Taxi forum dwellers are in Nashville next weekend, hope to see you there!!!!!Sunday June 17, 12:15 noonCurb Records stage47 Music Square East

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by anne » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:40 pm

Good luck on your Nashville Dates! Frequent flier miles rock!!

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:10 pm

Just got back. It was great!!!! :Performing in Nashville was a long time dream of mine. There were more songwriters and music industry than fans. Lots of talent. If you're thinking of a visit to Nashville next year, I recommend catching this festival.http://www.songwritersfestival.com/index.htmI met some incredible people. Went to the Bluebird Cafe and saw David Berg perform. He sang his hit song "Moments" that's at the top of the country charts right now.Nashville was very nice to me and I'll return as soon as I can.

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:24 am

I was fortunate enough to have the Luboff's comment on my song King For A Day."Very strong song... Strong lyric & melody... Interesting phrasing & melody... Creative!... Cool inner rhymes!... Sweet song!"I was happy about those comments. The song is finished but I haven't recorded it yet. They had some very helpful ideas on production.Here's the lyrics:KING FOR A DAY(Words & music by Nomi Yah)Verse 1I see you in the grocery storeI've never seen you beforeYou're holding a magazineLooking over at my check-out laneI wink, catching your eyeI think, why should I be shyChorusWhat will you doWhen a stranger admires youAt a distance and then approachesAnd holds out her hand, I hope youSmile and I'll makeMake you feel like a king for a dayKing for a day, feel like a king for a dayVerse 2You probably have a woman at homeYou probably like to be on your ownYou probably think of me as thoughI'm just a person saying helloDo you want to walk down the streetOr later on get something to eatChorusWhat will you doWhen a stranger admires youAt a distance and then approachesAnd holds out her hand, I hope youSmile and I'll makeMake you feel like a king for a dayKing for a day, feel like a king for a dayBridgeIt doesn't hurt to flirtThe fact is you're attractiveChorusWhat will you doWhen a stranger admires youAt a distance and then approachesAnd holds out her hand, I hope youSmile and I'll makeMake you feel like a king for a dayKing for a day, feel like a king for a day

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:50 am

Performing at the Nashville Songwriter Festival on Music Row 2007 on the Sure Fire Music stage.http://www.nomiyah.com/dashboard/galler ... 000060.jpg