Nashville Nomi

Got a gig? Looking to Gig? Post it up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Nashville Nomi

Post by jchitty » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:34 am

Jun 6, 2008, 4:39pm, nomiyah wrote:Jun 4, 2008, 6:04pm, jchitty wrote:Nomi, first off, big congrats on your Beatles foward....you are very talented!I wish I could attend your performance, but I've had some biz I've had to take care of lately, and I won't be able to make it....sorry about that, I would have loved to see you and Hooks perform! I live three hours from Nashville...one of these days, I'd like to meet up with you guys there. Thanks for the compliment and the reply. I didn't think you'd drive all that way just to see me sing a couple of songs... Just put the word out in case you happened to be in Nashville at the same time. I hope you are getting better.NomiThanks, Nomi....I went to the doctor, and I've been doing a lot better lately.

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:06 am

Here's my updated schedule in Nashville. Hope you can swing by and introduce yourself.Friday 10:45 pmIdle Hour1026 16th Ave. South (Music Square East same street 1 1/2 blocks from Sure Fire stage) Nashville, TN 37203Saturday 8:15 pmIdle Hour1026 16th Ave. South (Music Square East same street 1 1/2 blocks from Sure Fire stage) Nashville, TN 37203Saturday 11:45 pmRedStarr Video StageArtist Building Partners, 50 Music Square West (Across from GAC building, on corner of Chet Atkins Pl. Tall 9 story bldg. Nashville,TN 37203Sunday 6:45 pmCurb Music47 Music Square East (16th Ave South) on the corner of Chet Atkins Place. Nashville, TN 37203

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:11 am

Update: Another Santa Cruz fire, second one this month. I know this is the Nashville thread but there's a connection. My son is supposed to stay with his dad while I'm in Nashville, starting this weekend. This latest fire is exactly in his neighborhood!!!! He was in town Wednesday and he wasn't allowed to return to his house since then, doesn't even have a change of clothes. They have the fire contained and expect people can return to their homes Saturday. If there's a home to return to, about 10 houses burned completely, according to the news. This twist of fate has been a challenge to adapt to, but I'm trying to find some alternative place for my son to stay for a week. I don't think I'll have to cancel the trip, I'll figure out something.

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Post by mojobone » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:56 pm

Good luck.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:11 am

Jun 13, 2008, 8:56pm, mojobone wrote:Good luck.Thanks for the good wishes. It turned out fine, his house made it although the neighborhood was severely burned. I'm so relieved. It was probably started by a tossed cigarette at a remote area called Moon Rock where people often hang out and party. So all you smokers out there, stamp it out!!!!! (Or join Ted and quit, you know you want to.) All's well that ends well, so I'm off to Nashville in a couple days.

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:15 am

First the fire, now a medical emergency (not me). I have to cancel the whole trip. Ability to adapt to change = evolutionary