NASHVILLE'S A SAFE

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

restlesswriters

NASHVILLE'S A SAFE

Post by restlesswriters » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:17 am

Seeking a great country composer to collab with. Contact if qualified. Thanx ------------------------------------------------------------------------NASHVILLE’S A SAFECopyright 2004/Stan Simons ASCAP[V1]He sat at the bar, down on BroadwayEyes cold and hard, hair turning grayListening as I sang, and blowing smoke ringsWhen I finished my songs, he bought me a drink…And said:[Chorus]NASHVILLE'S A SAFEFilled with riches and fameBut most can't crack it And die with that painSongs are the tumblersThat must fall into placeBut the lock's like a womanFallen from grace'Cause, ...NASHVILLE'S A SAFE![V2]Well I thought it through, as the jukebox playedAs he told stories, of the money he’d madeHe’d known some big names, and lived a fast lifeBut when the money ran out, so did his wife…He said:[Chorus]NASHVILLE'S A SAFEFilled with riches and fameBut most can't crack it andAnd die with that painSongs are the tumblersThat must fall into placeBut the lock's like a womanFallen from grace'Cause, ...NASHVILLE'S A SAFE![V3]I go back to that place, but it’s not the sameThe safecracker’s gone, and they’ve changed the nameI just sit and listen, as the dreamers try hardBut once in a while, - I find a new star…And I’ll say:[Chorus]NASHVILLE'S A SAFEFilled with riches and fameBut most can't crack it andAnd die with that painSongs are the tumblersThat must fall into placeBut the lock's like a womanFallen from grace'Cause, ...NASHVILLE'S A SAFE![Tag]NASHVILLE’S A SAFEWith a lock like a woman…Fallen from grace