Need Feedback-Investigative Tension Cue

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Need Feedback-Investigative Tension Cue

Post by henryvan4444 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:35 am

Hi everyone. I created this investigative cue but looking back I'm not sure it matches the style enough. Can you let me know what you think? Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/henryvan4444/scary-investigation

================
Lots of INVESTIGATIVE TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful NON-Exclusive Music Licensing Company that’s feeding music directly to a specific TV Series.
They need a bunch of Investigative Tension Cues in a variety of tempos. Please listen to the references they gave us below to get an idea of the style they’re looking for:

"They're Calling My Flight" by Cliff Martinez
"Move Away From The Table" by Cliff Martinez

Please submit well-composed Instrumental Cues that would help support tense, investigative scenes onscreen. Your submissions should be primarily composed using Electronic Instrumentation and elements like pulsing bass notes, softened drumbeats, pulsing pads, clicking percussive sounds, etc. Be sure to craft your Cues around a simple melodic idea that introduces some suspense and tension, while adding new layers of instrumentation as they progress to add dynamics, interest, and forward momentum. Cues that have an ominous and unsettling tone should work well for this show.
Your submissions should be about 90 Seconds long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
This company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll keep 100% of the Writers share and Master rights and the Library will get 100% of the Publisher’s share for any placements they generate. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI Screener. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Sunday, April 12th, 2020.  TAXI # D200412TN

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Need Feedback-Investigative Tension Cue

Post by superkons » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:50 am

I do not know what else to say, other than good effort, Henry!
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

ITBAudio
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ITBAudio » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:29 am

Great stuff, the drums coming in towards the end really make it!

henryvan4444
Impressive
Impressive

Post by henryvan4444 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:11 pm

OK, thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate you guys taking the time. Have a wonderful Easter weekend!! Stay safe!