Need feedback please

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Need feedback please

Post by BradleyHagen » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:18 am

Greetings fellow TAXI Brethren, from Rainy and COLD Carlsbad, CA!

I need feedback on this track, and most importantly your opinion(s) as to whether or not it is even remotely "New Wave" or "Synthwave"
It is a crappy rough mix, and still has a faded ending, so do not pay any attention to that for now....lol
https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... 33024rough

All opinions welcomed - Thanks in advance
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

XrashGates
Active
Active

Post by XrashGates » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:57 am

Last edited by XrashGates on Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Need feedback please

Post by BradleyHagen » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:00 am

HA!!!! Thanks for the feedback and say hello to the bots for me!!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:04 pm

BradleyHagen wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:18 am

I need feedback on this track, and most importantly your opinion(s) as to whether or not it is even remotely "New Wave" or "Synthwave"
It is a crappy rough mix, and still has a faded ending, so do not pay any attention to that for now....lol

Sounds more New Wave than synthwave but to me the arrangement sounds a complete mess - there is so much stuff going on all over the song it just gets lost.

Selective use of the mute button might help bring it more into focus.

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:48 am

Mate, I have to agree with Cosmic.
There's a cricket sounding synth that look out of tune sometimes and unnecessary.
A good clean up with make it heaps better.
What listing is this one?

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:47 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:04 pm
BradleyHagen wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:18 am

Sounds more New Wave than synthwave but to me the arrangement sounds a complete mess - there is so much stuff going on all over the song it just gets lost.

Selective use of the mute button might help bring it more into focus.
I went back to it last night, and I couldn't agree more Mark - It is just way overblown, and does not even remotely match the refs, which are all synthwave... I am going to punt on this one for sure! Thanks for the feedback

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:59 am

WSAO wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:48 am
Mate, I have to agree with Cosmic.
There's a cricket sounding synth that look out of tune sometimes and unnecessary.
A good clean up with make it heaps better.
What listing is this one?
Yeah - I agree with you guys! it is a hot mess indeed..... I gave it a fresh listen yesterday, and WAY too many synth parts, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, electronic drum parts, percussion, vocals are Melodyned to death (And I cannot find the original takes argggghh!), It is OVERBLOWN for sure, and NOT New Wave or Synthwave.
Here is the listing:
A Bunch of '80s-Style SYNTHWAVE/SYNTHPOP SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a big deal, global Music Licensing Company with a very long and impressive list of placements in Film, TV, and Video Games!

This Company is searching for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs in the general wheelhouse of the following examples:

"Hazy" by Thought Beings

"Sunset" by the Midnight

"Silence" by Essenger ft. The Midnight

"On The Run Again" by BLIXX 86

NOTE: You can submit recently recorded/produced Songs in the general style of the references, OR if you have high-quality vintage recordings (recorded back in the day), they would love to hear those as well!

Please submit well-crafted Synthwave/Synthpop Songs that capture the retro sound and style of the 1980s! Your submissions should have nostalgic motifs, '80s synthesizers, engaging rhythms, solid arrangements, well-crafted lyrics, and plenty of '80s flair. Synthpop instrumentation that falls in the general ballpark of the examples will work best for this opportunity. Be sure any virtual instruments or samples you use are high quality, era-appropriate, and consistent with the references.

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Please do not send material for this pitch that has already been signed to other libraries or catalogs. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Thursday, April 4th, 2024. TAXI # S240404YN

Like I stated before, I think the best plan on this is to just move on.... round pegs into square holes!