Need feedback: Will any of these get forwarded?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mb80386

Need feedback: Will any of these get forwarded?

Post by mb80386 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm

Hey just started with Taxi and was interested in getting some feedback on some of our songs. Its hard to know if something is good enough quality to get forwarded. I think that a couple of them content wise are up to par with taxi standards but, like i said, I am not 100%. Just wanted to see if any of the more seasoned members can point me in the right direction. I got a custom critique for a couple songs and I think that, "Disguise", "Broken", and "Just Me" could fit a couple pop listings. The website to check it out is:myspace.com/marcandrachSo please any comments, or any feedback in general would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and you can message me there if you have myspace or reply here, thanks again...Marc myspace.com/marcandrach

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Need feedback: Will any of these get forwarded

Post by gitarrero » Fri May 04, 2007 12:09 am

hi welcome aboard!to your songs:* do you have studio-versions (no live-perfomance and a more ballanced mix)?* what are the *exactly* listings you want to sumit to? film/tv/libraries listings need broadcast master quality (which you sound to be able to produce, just bring the vocals more upfront and probably do a mastering). there should be no live-audience in the recording I think for such listings.* broken: your guitar is a little out of tune....* stylewise your music is in the singer-songwriter corner to me. some of the songs may work for pop but I'd suggest to arrange them like a popsong then (full arrangement and not only guit/voice)hope that helps,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sun May 06, 2007 1:44 pm

Hi - I'm not clear from your post whether you'd be pitching the songs themselves or yourself as an artist, but either way, I think you need to get clean recordings of your music in order to submit them. It's nice to have the live recordings, but they aren't going to work for songpitches. In addition, even when the background noise is absent, and although the sound quality is good, you really need to be properly miked & mixed in order to sell the song. I think the songs have potential, though. Good stuff.My suggestion is to go ahead and get Taxi custom critiques on all the songs, with the lyrics & get some pro feedback. Once you've heard what they have to say and have rewritten or reworked as need be... then you go get into a studio and make good recordings of the songs. You could skip the critique part, but IMO that's putting the cart before the horse -- even though I think your songs are cool & have potential... I'm not the one who is going to be screening them for labels/reps etc.I agree that Disguise & Just Me have pop potential, if you can get good demos cheersHummin'bird(PS - I sent you an add request.)
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

mb80386

Post by mb80386 » Mon May 07, 2007 12:45 am

Hey thanks for the add request... I know that we need to go get quality demos its just hard to spend the money to get into the studio unless I know that I can do something with it. Plus down here in springfield, mo there really isnt any great quality studios but, they still want 50 to 70 an hour. But, thanks for all your comments and if I do get into a studio I will let you both know if you wanna listen to the new ones... Thanks.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Mon May 07, 2007 1:40 am

Quote:Plus down here in springfield, mo there really isnt any great quality studios but, they still want 50 to 70 an hour. In Cape Girardeau MO (where I live) the owner of one of the few "studios" was sued for copyright issues and piracy for running an illegal boot-leg movie download website. Not exactly a confidence builder for musicians considering that studio to record THEIR copyrighted material... Better stick to the studios in Springfield and surrounding area. Dave