Need Female Vocal for TV ad Taxi Compilation

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BrianSteel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Need Female Vocal for TV ad Taxi Compilation

Post by BrianSteel » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:17 pm

I have an instrumental song in the style of early Madonna, later Blondie, and contemporary bubblegum pop with a good dance beat and vibe. The song is already mixed and ready for you vocals.

Looking for female vocals in the style of Madonna, Blondie, & other contemporary bubblegum/pop stylists.

Recording can be done online or singing over instrumental track in your home studio.

The Taxi listing is TAXI # S230518MC.

The deadline for submission is May 18.

Payment would be WOH but I can tell you that it's not going to be much. Willing to share on any potential royalties instead or barter on services. We can discuss. Maybe you have some ideas.

Please respond if your interested and I'll get the ball rolling on it. Thanks in advance.

melodymessiah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Need Female Vocal for TV ad Taxi Compilation

Post by melodymessiah » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:28 pm

you should probably wait with the mixing in case it's not in the right key for the singer.
let's hope you didn't use any live instruments that's gonna sound weird when you transpose it ;)

BrianSteel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BrianSteel » Mon May 01, 2023 7:06 am

melodymessiah wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:28 pm
you should probably wait with the mixing in case it's not in the right key for the singer.
let's hope you didn't use any live instruments that's gonna sound weird when you transpose it ;)
I don't think the key is going to be a problem. It's all in the DAW & and I did all the bass & guitar parts, so I could rerecord them in the right key. Looking for a vocalists on future projects as well. Maybe the inspiration I need to start doing
some briefs asking for vocals. I'll will know what key to put the song in and move on from there.
Last edited by BrianSteel on Mon May 01, 2023 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrianSteel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BrianSteel » Mon May 01, 2023 7:07 am

BrianSteel wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 7:06 am
melodymessiah wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:28 pm

melodymessiah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodymessiah » Sat May 06, 2023 11:09 pm

yeah if you only use midi it's no problem of course, live instruments may be an issue depending on how far you need to transpose.
i just couldn't help thinking about the authors of a songwriting book i read mentioning this. they had laid the whole track
using live instruments just to find out that it was in the wrong key for the singer. they never did this mistake again :D