New Age Instrumentals For Review

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: New Age Instrumentals For Review

Post by rockmann » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:07 am

Congratulations, Aubrey! Good going. The songs are impressive. Nice work, indeed.Good luck... be sure to let us know how it turns out!

kevinmathie
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kevinmathie » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:14 pm

Quote:Well... dark wins. Both were forwarded for this listing. Here were the comments:song #1 has a simple approach yet creates an engaging, dissonant mood. Song #2; consistent with song #1. These tunes have a more aggressive, dark sort of mood to them than most of the submission for this listing. Forwarding>Reason for forwarding:good aggressive, yet dark mood for this listing.2 down... many many many more to go AubRight on! Way to go! (I know, I'm coming to this thread late, after not being here for awhile.)

kevinmathie
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kevinmathie » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:16 pm

Quote:From the track I've heard of yours--- nothing short of great... maybe you need another newspaper slap. AubLOL! Yeah, I probably deserve one!

pogodog
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by pogodog » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:49 am

Aub, A pastor once told me NewAge music was sinful... Please forgive me and congratulations

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:50 am

Congratulations, Aub. That's the way to hit the basket. In the meantime I am getting a good education on what New Age means these days.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:37 am

Hi Aub,This must be one of those posts that slipped by when the most recent post link only showed 10. Let me chime in my belated congrats on the forwards for these. Dave

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:43 am

Quote:Aub, A pastor once told me NewAge music was sinful... Please forgive me and congratulations LOL. The really funny thing here is that I used to BE a pastor -- so listening to new age music written by a former pastor will probably send you to hell twice as fast!!Thanks to everyone else too for the belated congrats -- still too early probably to get any response from the forwarded to party, but I'm still hoping.Aub

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:51 am

Aub,Another belated congrats - I must have missed this one too, since I've been using the most recent post link for some time. I thought Dissonant Reflection was particularly compelling. I too was forwarded on this listening, but mine was more on the "lighter" side - glad I didn't hear your "what was easy" submission before I did mine, or I might not have submitted "Wait and Wonder," track 8 on my music player: http://www.dougsparling.com/music/musicplayer/All the best and good luck!--doug

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:12 am

Quote:Aub,Another belated congrats - I must have missed this one too, since I've been using the most recent post link for some time. I thought Dissonant Reflection was particularly compelling. I too was forwarded on this listening, but mine was more on the "lighter" side - glad I didn't hear your "what was easy" submission before I did mine, or I might not have submitted "Wait and Wonder," track 8 on my music player: http://www.dougsparling.com/music/musicplayer/All the best and good luck!--dougThanks Doug. Congrats to you as well. Keep me posted if you hear anything from the Library - I'll do the same.Nice track btw-- Very ambient and moody... made me feel like I was going to be voted out of the house any minute! It's interesting to hear what actually gets forwarded. I would categorize your track as more electronica than New Age, and I think mine are probably more Classical/movie score type than actual New Age too, but both passed the screening. I guess that means I'm not much of a Taxi reviewer Aub

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:51 pm

As far as I am concerned Taxi's use of the term New Age is a complete misnomer. I like the tracks that were forwarded, but I have not heard any actual New Age yet that has been forwarded for this listing. I did not submit to it. But if I had I would not been aware of Taxi's strange concept of this genre. Also, none of it sounds a thing like any New Age stuff given as examples. Does it?