New Age submission - comments?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BuzzReed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

New Age submission - comments?

Post by BuzzReed » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:19 pm

Making a submission for a New Age track and would love your comments/suggestions
https://www.taxi.com/my/artist/songs/Yx ... ng-clarity

Lots of RELAXING NEW AGE/AMBIENT INSTRUMENTAL ARTISTS and COMPOSERS are needed by an Independent Record Label looking for artists to sign!

They’re on the hunt for lots of Instrumentals that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

"Light Breath" by Embers Of Winter

"Watermark" by Enya

"Sueño tranquilo" by Pedro Caceres

"Evergreen" by Cooper Sams

Please send well-crafted New Age Instrumentals with a relaxing, ambient sound and style. Your submissions should have top-notch arrangements and can feature a variety of instrumentation (Piano, Synths, Acoustic Guitar, etc.) as long as they add to the peaceful feel of your tracks and don't detract from it. Polished production and state-of-the-art software sounds and samples are essential for this listing. Imagine the kind of music you might hear in a spa or yoga studio – that's what this label is looking for.

TAXI Tip: Soothing, non-lyrical vocal parts like "Oohs" and "Aahs" are fine to include in your submissions. They're not required, but they could be a nice touch!

Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Label has specifically asked that you ONLY send UNRELEASED, UNPUBLISHED Instrumentals that aren't already commercially available. If you've already commercially released them, they can't use them! This includes releases on Spotify, CD Baby, etc.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. The specific deal points will be negotiated directly with the Record Label on a case-by-case basis. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD, and include a photo and bio. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Tuesday, February 16th, 2021. TAXI # S210216AG

Peterg
Impressive
Impressive

Re: New Age submission - comments?

Post by Peterg » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:59 am

Hi Paul,
Link not working
Peter

BuzzReed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BuzzReed » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:41 am

Peterg wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:59 am
Hi Paul,
Link not working
Peter
Peter

Thanks for letting me know. When I checked it yesterday it worked. Do you use the Taxi link or post elsewhere? New at this so your help is appreciated.

Peterg
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Peterg » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:34 am

BuzzReed wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:41 am
Peterg wrote:
Hi Paul,
Link not working
Peter
Peter

Thanks for letting me know. When I checked it yesterday it worked. Do you use the Taxi link or post elsewhere? New at this so your help is appreciated.
I usually use the taxi link, have you set the song to "public"?, it still doesn't work for me

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DBarnett » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:33 am

Peterg wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:34 am
BuzzReed wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:41 am
Peterg wrote:
Hi Paul,
Link not working
Peter
Peter

I usually use the taxi link, have you set the song to "public"?, it still doesn't work for me
Hey Paul,
On your Taxi page, under "My Account/Profile" see "View Public Profile"
When you click on that your Taxi URL will be in the address bar
It will look something like this https://www.taxi.com/members/dave_barnett
So the link will have Members and your name in there
I don't know how to add the song link but at least we could get to your page and look for the Title :D
If someone knows how to add a a specific song to the link that would help me and others
I just use my Sound Cloud links for songs as another alternative

Peterg
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Peterg » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:44 am

To link a song, I click on the email icon to the left of the song title, that generates an email with a link in it that you can copy and paste to the forum.
Peter

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DBarnett » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:28 am

Peterg wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:44 am
To link a song, I click on the email icon to the left of the song title, that generates an email with a link in it that you can copy and paste to the forum.
Peter
Hey Peter, thanks
I actually have to click on the song title which opens a new tab to the song, copy that address and paste into the thread...Cool!

BuzzReed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BuzzReed » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:37 am

The link above was made as you suggested, Dave and the song has “Public” checked in my song list.

This one was made using the email icon:
https://www.taxi.com/members/f0TzENkiSJ ... ng-clarity

Could someone could test it?

Thanks

BuzzReed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BuzzReed » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:42 am

Peterg wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:44 am
Peter
Thanks for the tip Peter. This came from the email link:
https://www.taxi.com/members/f0TzENkiSJ ... ng-clarity

Peterg
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Peterg » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:53 am

That link works.
I think the track sounds great, really atmospheric. I love how the sax is so clear and pure, without much vibrato, so it gives it a more classical feel. I would have been tempted to add long delay and reverb to make it more spacey, but I think your treatment is much more original. If this is for the current New Age listing, good luck.

Peter