*NEW* New drum platform = redoing drum tracks which = rewriting songs. Music math.

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: New drum platform = redoing drum tracks which = rewriting songs. Music math.

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:02 am

swdaze wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:41 pm
Posted an previous version with a more traditional arrangement I'm going to try with a couple of tweaks. It also has the entire guitar intro which is pretty sweet.
Just a thought.... why not make it easier and post what you think is your finished version? That way we'll know what you're actually intending to end up with, and I reckon you'll get more from peer review that way. I don't think people will keep coming back to listen to all the iterations, especially previous versions, trying to piece it together and guess where you're going. As for an 'entire intro', well that might be OK for personal releases, but for sync it'll not help, even if you do think its 'sweet'. Good luck with your track though.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

swdaze
Impressive
Impressive

Re: New drum platform = redoing drum tracks which = rewriting songs. Music math.

Post by swdaze » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:48 pm

Telefunkin wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:02 am
swdaze wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:41 pm
Posted an previous version with a more traditional arrangement I'm going to try with a couple of tweaks. It also has the entire guitar intro which is pretty sweet.
Just a thought.... why not make it easier and post what you think is your finished version? That way we'll know what you're actually intending to end up with, and I reckon you'll get more from peer review that way. I don't think people will keep coming back to listen to all the iterations, especially previous versions, trying to piece it together and guess where you're going. As for an 'entire intro', well that might be OK for personal releases, but for sync it'll not help, even if you do think its 'sweet'. Good luck with your track though.
Cool, two new arrangements up top in original post.

Thanks, Geo
A square peg can be an elegant solution to a round hole

swdaze
Impressive
Impressive

Post by swdaze » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:56 pm

irthlingz wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:02 pm
Zaychi wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:59 pm
Almost.... except no G1 hard left and no G2 hard right. So something like (sorry not so good with pics):

G2a...G1a...G2b...G1b

It's important that you don't use exact copies for the same G, but use the slight natural playing differences between playing the SAME part twice; otherwise the ear will recognize them as "exactly the same" and just plant the sound halfway, without any stereo effect. So G1a <> G1b, just very very similar.

This effect is used in many many songs. As an example, I did it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnDin6T7hV4

even though this is just one guitar hard panned both ways, and the playing differences were created by humanizing velocities and timing of a MIDI part. You'll hear that the guitar sounds in the middle, yet also has a "spacy" stereo effect.
Thank you, Zaychi. I think I heard of this before but never quite got it!

===
Michael
I normally do a slight variation I go

G2b......G1a....G2a.......G1b

My G1's are normally distorted and my G2's a little cleaner if not clean. my "a" tracks are the dominate tracks with the "b"s mixed a little lower.

Different variations of the same principle.

Geo
A square peg can be an elegant solution to a round hole