New IG88 Track (WIP)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: New IG88 Track (WIP)

Post by ciskokidd » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:04 am

Mar 27, 2009, 11:48pm, carlosgomez wrote:Can't really make out the words. I think that's sort of what IG was going for carlos. The track sounds wonderful. It has tons of vibe and is just so chill! Good job guys!Hope other people dig this as well.Best,Cisko

southpaw
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by southpaw » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:01 am

Took a listen, nice chill ambience IG88. Cool song and collab guys. Eerie soundcsape that sets up a unique sonic environment for sure. Mood of the song is nice. Its spacy and dark, but also kind of peaceful/serene at the same time. Good work, enjoyed it.Id like to hear the words 'slightly' more intelligable at times. I get the radiohead vibe, i dig that, personally.. But, the syllables are so washed out and distant, that i really cant distinguish that their is anything being said - or if it is just a bunch of dummy syllables and humming. I think the output levels are also a bit low overall. Even for an atmospheric record. It could probly use a bit more 'maximizing' (so to speak) to increase the drama in the dynamics of the song. It gets muddy at times, and especially around 2:00. You could try giving the vocals a bit more midrange and cutting some of the lows. They clash at times with the bass and others. It would actually clean the mix up a bit if you cut lows off of most of the instruments that dont have fudamentals there. Pretty nice panning and spread, overall. Good job!Jamie
Stay Fresh,

Jamie Leger 
The Music Business Architect for Independent Musicians

--> FREE GUIDE: Double New Fan Signups At Your Next Show!

Proudly Helping Hundreds of Modern Musicians liberate the music business-on their own terms.

ig88
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ig88 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:36 am

Mar 28, 2009, 1:01pm, southpaw wrote:Took a listen, nice chill ambience IG88. Cool song and collab guys. Eerie soundcsape that sets up a unique sonic environment for sure. Mood of the song is nice. Its spacy and dark, but also kind of peaceful/serene at the same time. Good work, enjoyed it.Id like to hear the words 'slightly' more intelligable at times. I get the radiohead vibe, i dig that, personally.. But, the syllables are so washed out and distant, that i really cant distinguish that their is anything being said - or if it is just a bunch of dummy syllables and humming. I think the output levels are also a bit low overall. Even for an atmospheric record. It could probly use a bit more 'maximizing' (so to speak) to increase the drama in the dynamics of the song. It gets muddy at times, and especially around 2:00. You could try giving the vocals a bit more midrange and cutting some of the lows. They clash at times with the bass and others. It would actually clean the mix up a bit if you cut lows off of most of the instruments that dont have fudamentals there. Pretty nice panning and spread, overall. Good job!JamieNice comments on the mix it helps a lot. The low end bleeding together comes from the amount of reverb I have on each vocal track. I agree i need to cut some of the low i think that would lead to you being able to understand the dictation of the vocals. I wil keep mixing it and make it less muddy. Thanks again.

ig88
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ig88 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:05 am

Mar 28, 2009, 11:04am, ciskokidd wrote:[quote author=carlosgomez board=peer thread=12735 post=128596 time=1238226512]Can't really make out the words. I think that's sort of what IG was going for carlos. The track sounds wonderful. It has tons of vibe and is just so chill! Good job guys!Hope other people dig this as well.Best,Cisko[/quoteThanks for your kind words sir im glad you dug the vibes, i think we will be doing more with colab together in the future

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:15 pm

Hey Jamie... stopped by for a listen... I'm outa genre so grain of salt....Everything sounds great.... nice build.... my only thing is the vocals need to come up a bit I think.... right now they sound more like a pad..... very hard to make out any lyrics... (I'm listening on M-Audio monitors)...Sounds very chill...Peace, Geo

ig88
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ig88 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Mar 29, 2009, 8:15pm, geo wrote:Hey Jamie... stopped by for a listen... I'm outa genre so grain of salt....Everything sounds great.... nice build.... my only thing is the vocals need to come up a bit I think.... right now they sound more like a pad..... very hard to make out any lyrics... (I'm listening on M-Audio monitors)...Sounds very chill...Peace, GeoJamie?Thanks for the listen, I am actually glad that the vocals sound like a pad that was the intention to make it sound like a layer of the instruments more than the main focus. That approach is not what a lot of people are used to. I was thinking about having a lead female vocals over the top of it if it does not sound too muddy. M audio Bx 8's? Thanks for listening

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:46 pm

Oops... sorry... I glanced through the responses and thought someone called you that... my bad....Peace, Geo