New Libraries Not Accessible...

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

michellebd

New Libraries Not Accessible...

Post by michellebd » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi - I'm relatively new to writing in the forums on Taxi, but I've read quite a few in the past. I'm reaching out in hopes of finding help for tech issues that have brought my productivity to a standstill. Coming back from the Rally, I was dead-set on upping my game with a new computer (iMac upgraded from a Macbook pro 9) and ordered several libraries of samples including Albion One and Lacrimosa Choirs, plus more. Sounds cool, right? Unfortunately, with the new iMac came the fact that several things didn't work anymore. As part of this, Logic Pro 9 had to be upgraded to accept the new libraries, so I got Logic Pro X. It would not validate kontakt until I updated el capitan. Now I've updated that and it validates them, but they don't show up in the audio fx choices. In the Kontakt player it won't let me add the libraries that I just spent a massive amount of money on. I've spent hours on the phone with apple and now they have said it's up to Native instruments to fix. I tried to contact NI but can only email them and their auto response said it might be a few days before they can 'contact me' via email. :?

In a nutshell, Kontakt player says "no library found' when I select the libraries to add to it. Also, even though Kontakt is validated in Logic Pro X, it doesn't show up in the audio fx choices, nor do any other plugins other than apple. Any ideas on how to get these working correctly?

As an aside, I've never purchased/used outside plugins before, so this may be (who am I kidding? is likely...) a user error. But after so much lost time, I'm at my wits ends. Your insights would be immensely appreciated.
Thank you!
Michelle
Michelle

...analysis and growth are a catch 22... :D
michellebruskidumpert.com

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: New Libraries Not Accessible...

Post by hummingbird » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:33 pm

I don't know Macs or those particular libraries, but have you checked to be sure that the dll's are in the VST plug-in folder, and have you used your DAW settings to scan for them? That's all I can think of... (in Windows if you install the actual instruments on a different drive than the main, then you need to create a short-cut to them and put that short-cut in the program folder). Hope someone else can chime in!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:48 pm

Michelle, you keep saying doesn't show up in "audio fx". Kontakt and the libraries you describe are not effects, they're instruments.

The Lacrimosa Choirs "Full Retail version of Kontakt 5.3 or later required"

If you need the full Kontakt, you could get a discount called crossgrade offer because you ordered a Kontakt Player library?

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... gic-pro-x/

I would check first and see if they are in the instrument library, at least the Albion One which works with the K.Player. I'm not sure what will happen if you try to use the library that requires the full Kontakt version. An error of some sort if you try to use it with the player.

The libraries themselves would be the best choice for technical problems, neither Apple or NI, although NI should have some very usefull info that should apply for all libraries in general, though not specific for third-party libraries. The owner's manual is probably the first choice.
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

stevebarden
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by stevebarden » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:12 pm

When you get the "no libraries found" error, it's usually related to missing .nicnt files. These are the license files related to the products you own. If you've moved your library locations around you may have skipped these files. Try searching for any .nicnt files and move them to the proper location(s).

This happened to me recently and I was able to fix it by locating these files.

Hope that helps.
Steve

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:56 pm

hi Michelle, some of the heartache might be remedied by the above posts, and maybe I can help too.

As part of this, Logic Pro 9 had to be upgraded to accept the new libraries, so I got Logic Pro X. It would not validate contact until I updated el capitan.
this is likely true although with an older OSX (10.5) NI doesn't have any issues installing the plugins on either Logic 9 or Logic X. anyways, you got Logic X and its enough of a step forward that its worth it.

Now I've updated that and it validates them, but they don't show up in the audio fx choices. Also, even though Kontakt is validated in Logic Pro X, it doesn't show up in the audio fx choices, nor do any other plugins other than apple.
1) In Logic X, on an instrument channel, there is a slot at the top that says "instrument" and you should find Kontakt 5 in that.

First off, right click on the instrument channel strip in the inspector on the left side of the screen. Make sure "input / instrument" is checked. Look for that in the channel strip.

2) Kontakt will never show up in the "audio fx choices" in the insert slots on the channel strip for an instrument or an audio channel strip. Other NI things like the Solid Compressors and EQ's etc will show up, but Kontakt will not. Its not an audio effect. Its a virtual instrument / sample playback plugin.

3) if you have clicked in the "audio FX" insert slot on either an instrument or an audio channel strip, you will find any installed third party audio FX at the bottom of the pop up menu, under "audio units". Logic does have a new plugin manager to reorganize this list in a way that works for you later, but they can always be found in the audio units submenu at the bottom.

4) this likely doesn't apply to your situation but FYI - Logic X can only run 64 bit plugins. There are a number of free plugins from the past, or paid ones where the manufacturers didn't support the move to 64 bit. This includes things like iZotope "vinyl" - none of these will show up in the audio fx plugin or instrument plugin menus. There is a way to use them by purchasing a "wrapper" called "32 lives" which adapts the plugins for use in Logic X. It works well and is stable

n the Kontakt player it won't let me add the libraries that I just spent a massive amount of money on. In a nutshell, Kontakt player says "no library found' when I select the libraries to add to it.

Only libraries that are prepared specifically by the manufacturer to be a Kontakt Player library can be added to the libraries tap within Kontakt.

The new version of Albion One is made for Kontakt Player, so I don't know why there is an issue.

But Lacrimosa Epic Choir (and all the 8dio stuff) need the full version of Kontakt to use, and so you cannot add them to the library tab in Kontakt, and you will only be able to use a patch for the short period of time before the "demo" times out. usually its about 20 minutes. Then you have to reload the patch to continue working.

HTH (hope that helps)

michellebd

Post by michellebd » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:43 pm

Wow - you all deliver help fast and completely!! Thank you :) I was finally able to load Albion ONE into the library. All the 8Dio stuff only into the quick-load machine for the short times of use. It looks like I'll have to spend more and get the full version of Kontakt. Thank you for the info on the discounted one. Yes, I was looking in Logic in the wrong tab - it was in the instruments. So, all in all, things are ok now. I just need to get the full Kontakt and I have a sharp learning curve with all this new stuff. Thanks to you all, I'm up to it!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Michelle :D
Michelle

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:05 pm

Yw Michelle!

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ade-offer/

That is the link for the page for Kontakt discount. You will probably have to log in to your account to see if the choir is included. Should be, I didn't see it in the list but that may be because it is new.

"If you buy a qualifying Kontakt Player library (like Realivox,) then they give you a “Crossgrade” discount, so you would only pay $249. A pretty deep discount!"
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

michellebd

Post by michellebd » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:23 pm

Thank you Len - I qualified for the discount :) I shall be up and running like a champ very soon!
Thanks again!
Michelle
Michelle