New Member Questions!

Before you rant, READ THIS!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ktingmusic

New Member Questions!

Post by ktingmusic » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Hey! New Member here! I have a couple of questions.

1. How long does it usually take to get feedback for your songs? I submitted 2 songs 3 weeks ago and I’m still waiting to see if I’ve been forwarded or not.

2. If your song gets forwarded and ultimately chosen how long does it take for the company to get back to you? Do they contact you through taxi? Or through your email?

3. I’ve seen some information on forums about adding “metadata” to your tracks with your information. What does this mean and how do you do it?

Thank you! :)

PDebik
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: New Member Questions!

Post by PDebik » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:05 am

1) After a submission closes, it normally takes 2 to 4 weeks for a result. However, if there is no time pressure for TAXI as the library or producer didn't put an urgent deadline on it, it can be longer. It is also longer, when many submissions were made. A wait of 4 weeks is absolutely normal.

2) They contact you directly because they are getting your contact data through TAXI. It can take months until this happens. Sometimes (actually quite often) you won't get contacted at all, because they found something better, because a project for that they were seeking music was cancelled, because, because, because ... That is the normal way things go.

3) Normally, a WAV and MP3 file can contain extra fields in their header like "composer", "artist", "year of production", "genre" etc. It is important to put at least your name into that so that in case your files are re-discovered months later on some hard disk where nobody doesn't know any more where they came from, a library or producer can still contact you. These meta data can be entered when saving your file (e.g. export from your DAW). If your DAW cannot export it, simply use a free software like Audacity to store files with these meta data.

ktingmusic

Post by ktingmusic » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:50 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. I've got some more clarity now. Thanks again :)

onguitar

Post by onguitar » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:25 pm

I'm not a new member but I saw this post and it relates to a question I have.

I have a forward that has been several weeks without a response. In the meantime another listing has opened that I think this piece would be good for. Is it ok to go ahead and submit the same song to this listing?

PDebik
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by PDebik » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:08 am

Yes, go ahead and submit it.