New Modern Rock Song...

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

wta
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

New Modern Rock Song...

Post by wta » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:02 pm

This is a tune I was trying to make into a instrumental to which had questionable success BUT I finally got to getting the vocals in and remixed. The tune is called, " Gonna Be No More" and the lyrics and link is below. I am going for a very simple rock lyric in the vein of AC/DC. The tune is about a guy who gets shot or knifed by the woman he loves and is left bleeding to death at his front door. This could be symbolic of an emotion rape he endured and that was how I wrote it but I left it surface level for easy figuring... The backing vocals on the second verse was to the credit of the genius of Warren Hein!!!www.williamthomasanderson.com/w2/SS_3_05_01.mp3Gonna Be No MoreWords by William Thomas AndersonMusic by Soul SolariumGave you all the love I hadGave it and then and then someGave you all the love I hadNow You leave me staring at theGave you all the love I hadGave it and then and then someGave you all the love I hadNow You leave me staring at theAt the doorAll I know is I am dyingLeaving me here on the floorGuess there is no use cryingDon't love me anymoreI can see there is no use denyingI'm not getting up from this floorI would say in no time babyI'm gonna be no moreGave you all the blood I hadGave it and then and then someGave you all the blood I hadNow You leave it spilling at theGave you all the blood I hadGave it and then and then someGave you all the blood I hadNow You leave it spilling at theAt the doorAll I know is I am dyingLeaving me here on the floorGuess there is no use cryingDon't love me anymoreI can see there is no use denyingI'm not getting up from this floorI would say in no time babyI'm gonna be no moreSoloAll I know is I am dyingLeaving me here on the floorGuess there is no use cryingDon't love me anymoreI can see there is no use denyingI'm not getting up from this floorI would say in no time babyI'm gonna be no moreCopyright 2009Tankes y'all...;-) wta
Music is like oxygen, you can live without it but not for very long...
http://www.withcriminalintent.com
http://www.williamthomasanderson.com

jwebbinspired
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: New Modern Rock Song...

Post by jwebbinspired » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:57 am

Rocking tune man! Is that you singing? Vox sounds like the White Stripes meet the Offspring. I can't get this melody out of my head. So that's must be working. The lyrics are catchy too. I'm not sure it's ACDCish exactly. See what some others think. I like this track man. I've listened 4 times through now.Andy

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:47 am

hi willie--this is coming together nicely, the structure is solid,now on that "genius" part, honestly it's a bit different than i would have done it, but the idea is there! it's definitely willie T fo sure, keep it up!all the best, later...warren

wta
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by wta » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:03 am

Wow, thanks Andy, thats the kind of review a guy hopes for! AC/DC was just an exsample of "simple" style lyrics and was not a reference to the content or the music style. I'd agree theres no AC/DC ala here but the first thing I said when I heard the chorus vocal playback was, "I'm really NOT trying to sound like the Offspring!" but your alas are true to my ears for sure (yes those are my vocals). I should say for the record the "idea" for backing vocals in the second verse was Warren's and NOT the content(there ya go big guy, official for the record, lol).

ideascapes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ideascapes » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:34 am

William,I traveling and don't have time to listen 4x...but I want to, and that's a good sign! The vocal rocks, love the contrast between sections, chorus soars, guitars sound really well recorded and played (a little loud a few times). Only thing that didn't quite work for me was the guitar solo that started at 2:13--took it a little retro for me, while the rest of the song held up as modernish.Good stuff!Vince

wta
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by wta » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:11 am

Where are you Vince cause I'm gonna hug ya! In a very masculine kinda way of course... Ya the solo was tough cause the tempo/feel of the verse is pretty slow for a shredder type solo which I think your right might be a better direction for a modern sound... tough call but I hear what your saying and have had the same thought, so thats a good sign, I think? right? lol...

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:41 pm

yeah willie!and lucky for you too, as you well know, my ideas are often better than my actual MUSIC!!!!! LOL... keep it up my friend!! and back to the top she goes..................weeeeeeeeeee!the best,warren

diogenes
Impressive
Impressive

Post by diogenes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:05 am

I really like your voice on this one. This one has some potential. The biggest problem is the drums. Is that a real player or a machine or what? I can't tell through my crappy monitors. But whatever they are, if you could beef them up, simplify them a little and fix the off time spots I think it would be a great improvement. Cool song though.