New Rock Tracks w/ vocals feedback welcome (although they are due today!)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

New Rock Tracks w/ vocals feedback welcome (although they are due today!)

Post by BradleyHagen » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:11 pm

After a month of producing nothing but 70's stuff, it was refreshing to work on some real ROCK AND ROLL for a change! (Remember ROCK AND ROLL??)
I had an old bandmate/buddy do the vocals on these on a 50/50 split, and forwards or not, it was a BLAST! I hope you guys like them, and most importantly, I hope the screeners like them!
ENJOY!! And as always thank you in advance!!

Here is the listing:
[LISTING EXPIRES TOMORROW]
A bunch of HEAVY ROCK SONGS (in a wide range of styles) with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a Music Library with a ton of credits in Feature Films, TV Shows, and TV Commercials.

This Company is searching for Songs for placements in Film, TV, and Commercials in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references we got directly from them:

WARNING: The references may include graphic and explicit lyrics. Listener discretion is advised.

"Ace Of Spades" by Motörhead

"Killing in the Name" by Rage Against The Machine

"Shoot to Thrill" by AC/DC

NOTE: You can submit recently recorded Songs in the general style of the references that capture the authentic sound needed, OR if you have high-quality vintage recordings (recorded back in the day), they would love to hear those as well!

Please submit original Heavy Rock Songs (no covers) that capture the raucous energy and style heard in the references! Your submissions should have memorable choruses, hard-hitting rhythms, great musicianship, and well-crafted lyrics. Rock instrumentation that's in the general stylistic ballpark of the references will work best.

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, dates, times, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Company offers a NON-Exclusive, 50/50 deal. You’ll get 50% of any applicable sync fees and 100% of the Writer’s share. The Publisher will get 50% of any sync fees and 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Masters and Compositions to submit to this pitch. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. Please include lyrics! All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Tuesday, February 27th, 2024. TAXI # S240227HR

And here are the two tracks:
https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... y-stevens-
https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... y-stevens-
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: New Rock Tracks w/ vocals feedback welcome (although they are due today!)

Post by deantaylor » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:06 pm

Bradley,
I like them. I like your singer. Cracks In The Mirror was my fav. Good luck with them.
Dean

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:35 pm

Thanks Dean! Yeah, the whole "rap rock" thing that the other one offers isn't exactly my favorite either.. It reeks of Kid Rock, Fred Durst, etc...you know the whole "“I’m angry because I’m white and entitled, and my frat ran out of beer yesterday “ blah blah blah -----pfffft

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:57 pm

Nice job! I think "Come And Get It" is a winner! :D Great stuff. I'm not on the best speakers but this blew me away as a rock/metal track. Good luck! :D

Casey

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:32 am

'Come Get Some' is a winner for me. I can see that getting a ton of use for aggressive sports TV, football, monster trucks, wrestling, whatever. So I'd call it another slam dunk forward. If for some reason it isn't though you'll have no trouble finding it a home, so great job!
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:35 am

Telefunkin wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:32 am
'Come Get Some' is a winner for me. I can see that getting a ton of use for aggressive sports TV, football, monster trucks, wrestling, whatever. So I'd call it another slam dunk forward. If for some reason it isn't though you'll have no trouble finding it a home, so great job!
Brad, Did you change the title of the first song? I think Come Get Some is the same one I liked last night, Come And Get It. In that case, Telefunkin and I are totally in sync (pun intended) here!

:D Casey

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:19 am

Morning Casey-
Yeah it is called "Come Get Some" Tried to bring in some "Rage Against The Machine" vibes, but ended up with "Jed Durst" vibes! (An inside joke, since my LA born and raised singer now lives in rural Missouri! lol)
I appreciate the comments, and am really hoping for a win with one or both of these tracks!

guest4254
Impressive
Impressive

Post by guest4254 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:03 pm

I like both tracks. Nice energy/feel.
Not sure if there's a reason for it, but "Cracks" ends abruptly, like it cut off before it was actually over.

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:14 am

guest4254 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:03 pm
I like both tracks. Nice energy/feel.
Not sure if there's a reason for it, but "Cracks" ends abruptly, like it cut off before it was actually over.
Yeah, great point.... I was trying for the "stinger ending" but I guess this is not how to do it??
I am open to alternate suggestions in case it gets returned over this?? Thanks!

kjckjc
Active
Active

Post by kjckjc » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:26 pm

Bradley,
This post did not work - and I can't figure out how to delete it! - See Next one - next page... :oops:
Last edited by kjckjc on Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..."To Play a Wrong Note is Insignificant... To Play Without Passion is Inexcusable"...
~ Ludwig Van Beethoven

https://www.taxi.com/members/kencrombie