New song submission

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

balanced2112

New song submission

Post by balanced2112 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:18 am

Hiya everyone.I just submitted this song forACTION/ADVENTURE/HIGH OCTANE INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a UK-based Production Music Library for Film/TV placement opportunities. They need really high energy tracks (no vocals) for car chase scenes, sports highlights, high suspense action/thrill footage, etc. Current sounding styles would be the best choice here: Rock/Electronica/Hard Rock/etc. A blend of orchestral instrumentation with the mentioned stylistic approaches might also be a great direction to take. They'll be looking for tracks that don't sound overly synth generated - authentic, pulsing and exciting! Your track should be within 1:00-3:00 and they'll mostly want to hear mid to uptempo tracks. They offer non-exclusive, 50/50 deals. Broadcast quality needed (great sounding home recordings are OK). Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than October 10, 2008. TAXI # S081010INcomments, suggestions welcomeits recorded very hot so you may wanna adjust your volumewww.taxi.com/jimnov"interstate88"thanksJim

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: New song submission

Post by jay10music » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:33 am

JIM....This is all most a smooth jazz rock feel to me ...sounds a lot like Joe Sach..on guitar..I like this track very much ...nice guitar work...I don't know if it would fit this listing...car chase..pulsing and exciting...but i like it.....jay-man

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:43 am

hi....Sounds great...I think it'll work for the listing....depending what they're really looking for, but does fit the octane category on a library site I've been checking out lately...good luck,vtbp

zoom
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by zoom » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:38 am

I think it'll work for the listing too... though the production might be a little on the 'old school' side of things.... it reminds me more of a ramped up 90's/early 2000's guitar mix than a more current sound.... it will really depend on how the taxi gurus define the parameters. Good luck, it's cool!

bwrenhewmach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bwrenhewmach » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:39 am

If they don't forward it I will be very surprised. Dude this is one jamming piece of work. Very will done the production is top notch. 5 stars from the mild man.Ps I don't know what my friend Jay has in that cup he's holding? Smooth jazz? Jay you been listening to my stuff to long luv ya man

othentic
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by othentic » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:10 am

Fits with the listing. Drums snare doesn't sound very agressive (powerful) but the rest is nice.O

wignelson
Impressive
Impressive

Post by wignelson » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:17 am

Great playing, Jim. High octane, yes, but fast moving I'm not sure. It would be a sure bet for a 90s style rock instrumental. Love the tone on the git. You're gonna think I'm nuts, but I got a feeling of powerdrive slow motion so I don't know if it's right for this one.One thing they hinted of was orchestration. I'm thinking fast piano or strings behind that wonderful rock sound you have going there. Just a thought.Wig

weslong
Impressive
Impressive

Post by weslong » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:24 pm

That's awesome, Jim! I like that kind of sound! I think it sounds a bit retro though. Depends on what the client wants though, so we never know about these things. Sounds like some Joe Satriani action. In my humble opinion, I would suggest tightening it up a bit. I was having trouble following the overall structure. Or maybe I'm missing something? Is it supposed to be just a solo piece?I know really nothing about making this type of music, so please forgive me if I'm talking about of my arse here. Just my two bits, for what it's worth.

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jay10music » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:10 am

JIM....& MB ......Some how I got on the wrong song cause this is not the song that I replied to..Clicked on his link and a smooth jazz type guitar song came on and that's what I replied to.. When on his myspace and heard 88 and was blown away....I sent him a message and after I found out it wasn't the same song..i told him .....Guy's go on Jim's myspace and u will here some heavy duty funky bad ass music... This guy has arrived....Loved ..."COME ON".....SO JIM.....I apologize for this error ..how ever it happened.....jay....

balanced2112

Post by balanced2112 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:20 am

Thanks for you kind words Jay!...Its no big deal on the mix up..Its very nice to hear some feedback from everyone Jim