New Tune - New Vocalist!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

New Tune - New Vocalist!

Post by rockmann » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:11 am

Hi Folks,Man, I'm kinda excited about this tune. Charlie and I (the guys at Project-43) were lucky enough to entice very talented vocalist to collaborate on some tracks with us. Dee has put his stamp on this first one and its turning out pretty well I think.http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamm3 ... 2&q=hiIt's still 'under construction', but it's close. I know the first comment will be about how it's 'dated', but there has to be some place for this type of music yet. I hope anyway.I would appreciate any thoughts or comments. As always, your time is greatly appreciated![updated to correct link]

brokamp

Direct link not working

Post by brokamp » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:13 pm

Hi Rockerman,I'm a newbie looking to give some reviews and I've been unable to get your link to work -Just an FYI

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: New Tune - New Vocalist!

Post by rockmann » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:49 pm

Razem, frakel, disckm *(*^%&$$#@#Sorry 'bout that. Try this instead: http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamm3 ... q=hiThanks for the heads up.

jeffchurchwell
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jeffchurchwell » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:50 am

Steve,Yeah, it's rooted in the 80s... so f'n what? I'm sure you're right, there's an audience. Yes, your vocalist has chops, so does the whole outfit. This is not a genre I ever paid serious attention to, but your group has nailed it (and since you were playing back then, it's easy to see why . It rocks right along, I think it's a winner.Jeff

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:42 pm

Thanks for listening, Jeff. I appreciate you taking the time.I have to believe there is a market for this type of stuff, even if a somewhat limited market.Yes, Dee really nails the vocals on this tune. He's since done two more songs with us and they're coming out great. The guy is a true talent. He should have been a rock star (I guess he still has time).

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:48 am

Steve,Dee's voice is perfect for this sort of thing. But 80's??? This reminds me of the 60's & 70's--it rocks. I have to imagine that it would find an audience -- maybe in a movie.Thanks for the earful, man.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Mon May 01, 2006 1:54 am

Quote:Dee's voice is perfect for this sort of thing. But 80's??? This reminds me of the 60's & 70's--it rocks. I have to imagine that it would find an audience -- maybe in a movie.Thanks for the encouraging words, Ed. You may be right... It indeed might have 70's foundation to it. I think the keyboards really add that feel to it.I agree, I can see a song like this in a period film from that time period. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again for listening.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon May 01, 2006 4:27 am

Hi R'manVery cool track. I hear it more 60's but it could be more 70's/80's metal if the vocal style was more that screaming type a la those metal bands. Not that this vocal is bad, it's quite good. I think the track borders between late 60's psychedelic and later generation metal (70's ? 80's ? ... I don't know the metal years too well).I hear a strong Jack Bruce/Cream influence.Keep an eye out for occasional demand for "period pieces" and "replacement tracks" for film/tv. For example, maybe a replacement track for a Cream tune...Best regardsStuck in the 60's but never inhaled ,Casey

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Mon May 01, 2006 5:23 am

Thanks, Casey. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for just those types of requests. I was thinking right along those lines.Cream was just a smidgen 'before my time' and therefore for not much of a personal influence. However, I certainly take the comparison as a complement.Thanks again for checking it out.