new website - work in progress

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

suzdoyle
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: new website - work in progress

Post by suzdoyle » Mon May 25, 2009 6:22 pm

Hey Bryan;I like the new "under construction" graphic. CUTE! Replies to your previous posts:1. It takes about 5 to 8 seconds to load all the graphics on your home page. I've got pretty fast DSL, so suspect some of the graphics are too big?? 2. "Final solution" was a line I used in an educational handout years ago, until a Jewish friend pointed out that the term was extremely offensive, as it was the Nazi slogan for their agenda to eliminate non-Aryan races. So I'm careful to avoid using that phrase!! Yikes!3. My site is bursting at the seams right now. I'm planning on creating 2 separate sites for my Production Music and Ringtone Theatre Biz, and keep my current site as a general overview one (because I love the design of it!!). Meanwhile, I'm tinkering with some tables and anchor links, etc. to make the oodles of content more manageable until I launch my separate sites. Pretty sure I'll be an official nerd by the end of all this!!4. I like to research what other composers, music libraries and creative folks are doing web-wise (YAY! Google searches); it's a great way to get ideas, and to help clarify how to shape one's online identity. Well, keep us posted on how your site evolves. It's fun stuff to create your online presence!Bravo,SuzP.S. Just for fun, here's a pretty clever site:http://producten.hema.nl

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by fusilierb » Mon May 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Ha Suz, that was so creative! I wish I had real graphic skills. I figured out the speed issue. It's the loading of the embeded flash player and the mailing list on every page. It's clogging the pipe cause its spooling out from Reverbnations site as a call on every page, and it doesn't seem to cach so its coming down each time. So that can't be on every page, its kills the experience.I will never use that slogan again, even in casual conversation, Hitler bad - don't want no associations there.You really do have an impressive amount of content which makes it sticky. I personally have to go back just to really check it all out. And you've done a ton of cool pieces and placements. Congrats! Breaking it out into separate sites will help and besides, you can then do the ol' link back to each other trick and get google to love you a bit more. I've done a lot of looking around and have found a lot of things I liked, but nothing that really resonated with me as who I find of identify myself with as a person. I frankly didn't like the entire Bryan Fusilier.com I'm a blah, blah, blah, blah and you should hire me as it just doesn't feel right. Then Vikki sent me that post and I checked out her two sites and was struck by the different identities they both show. Same person, two persona's. And Steve sent a cool link that gave me some inspiration on what the F(*&$& this is all about anyhow. AND I had a three hour drive to make to get back to N'awlins and did a lot of thinking.I'm going with two different sites. Neither of which will look anything like what I have been playing with. BryanFusilier.com will obviously be my personal site where I can be who I am and have fun post anything I feel like posting and that I will tie in with another project that I'm working on that revolves around music theory. And it will encourage downloading a, after seriously considering some previous content, minimal subset of the things I do so people can download them and entertain me with all sorts of creative remixes and things like that. I want to build a learning center and that is where all that will happen.And for the business side, I want BryanFusilier to take a back seat and have the entire thing positioned as a business, with a business name. Where nothing is free and everything is for sale and do it like a legit looking production company. I just bought the name www.shallowbog.com and that's gonna be the angle there. I want the site to look like a hollywood site that promoting a movie of that name. And that is where I'll put all the license, film composing, work for hire stuff. Not as me, but as Shallowbog Productions. I've played the Taxi game for about a year and half now and have tried for all sorts of different styles of listings and I've recently taken an inventory and decided what I'm best at and what I really want to write and that is the more dramatic, intense, extreme, sci-fi stuff. And that will be what Shallowbog claims to do best. Of course it has some sweet, pretty stuff up for grabs also, but I'm gonna concentrate on:EpicSci-FiMystery SuspenseHorrorDramaticI think I'm strongest there and I want to focus on establishing a sound.I'll post up the results when I think I'm getting close.B That's the idea for now. Time to lay it all out and work on graphics.B

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by k o star » Mon May 25, 2009 8:28 pm

hey Bryan...Check out how I used the RvbNtn Player to sub categorize my diff. genres all on 1 page...I think it's much easier to navigate this way...Also, neater... I think... and it doesn't seem to take too long to download the page... well, at least on my side it seems...http://www.kostar8.com/music2visual.htmlKel
Keltrasonics Kellosphere & KO Quantum Leap =D

©2012, K. O. STAR (Kelvin) APRA- All Songs & Artwork Registered & Protected.
http://www.kostar8.com

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by fusilierb » Mon May 25, 2009 8:45 pm

Yes Kel, that was exactly what I was hoping it was gonna do! It came down really fast, so no problems there. I really want to use their player for the counts it generates in the background. And I'm kind of feeling like I'm committing to them as a company. I like what they do and think they could rise quickly if they keep this up. They've got some serious traction. Good job my friend. Gives me lots more to think about.B

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by fusilierb » Mon May 25, 2009 8:49 pm

Kel,We need to start bombarding them with requests for some additional functionality. We need to be able to make it larger with the ability to add more descriptions to the songs. And they need to find a way for a person to click on a song that is playing and have it point to other content, ie. a download store, or a licensing contract, etc. I will begin begging them tomorrow. You do the same!B

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by fusilierb » Mon May 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Hold the phone, it already connects to a store. Have you pointed any of your tracks to your, wherever it is you might want them to point to?I've got an idea, get back to you later.B

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by k o star » Mon May 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Yes Sir!Will do the same pronto Be water my Fren,Kel

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by k o star » Mon May 25, 2009 9:11 pm

Oh yea... actually... U can link Ur player to stores and to any blogs U got... I just did all that earlier...RvbNtn Rocks man!Ur right Bryan... we should utilize this service/site to the Max!K

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by k o star » Mon May 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Hahahahaha!!!Forgot to mention also... there's a bigger widget music player U can select on RvNn...That's the one with all the links to everything...Time to cook!!! mmmmmm fooooood... =)K