New week, new songs

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

NoellR
Active
Active

New week, new songs

Post by NoellR » Wed May 15, 2019 5:40 pm

I have a happy adventure rock song, and an instrumental rock track, what say the Taxi Forums??? Feedback and ideas please, thanks!

Gray Mountain:
https://soundcloud.com/meowrex/gray-mountain1/s-3sRnc

Rainbow Faceted
https://soundcloud.com/meowrex/rainbow-faceted/s-uWWe8

Have a wonderful rocking week!

-Noell

NoellR
Active
Active

Re: New week, new songs

Post by NoellR » Wed May 22, 2019 5:45 pm

Hi Tom

Here is Gray Mountain: https://soundcloud.com/rkotmt/gray-mountain I did all of the singing and production. Hope you enjoy, thanks.

This one is Diamond Faceted, ( I changed the name of it since it was last worked on)
https://soundcloud.com/rkotmt/diamond-faceted

This one is called Open Prospects: https://soundcloud.com/rkotmt/open-prospects

-Noell

NoellR
Active
Active

Post by NoellR » Fri May 24, 2019 1:31 am

Thanks Tom, I harmonized with myself on the fist track because I wanted to make it interesting...Ray Charles and Beyoncé among others do this at times, though I know my musical style, and singing is way different from their's. There is another singer and guitarist person that is going to lend some help out to us this weekend, maybe I can get him on this song and he can sing the lower harmony??? I'm trying to find other people to work with all of the time that are willing to help out, on some projects with me.

Thanks for the input Tom much appreciated! :)

Hobbins17

Post by Hobbins17 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Hey Noell!
I'm still pretty much a newbie in this industry but these songs are interesting!

For the first one, 'Gray Mountain', I couldn't really make out what you were singing about. I couldn't hear the lyrics very clearly. Maybe this is something you could consider. Also, I wasn't sure I would class it as a rock or metal track as suggested in the tags but then again, it is a very unique genre so I'm not sure what you would call it haha! Personally not my taste but very interesting and unique! :D

'Diamond Faceted' - love the piano line! Actually, I think the instruments work well together. It would be great to have a vocal line with this! Did you make this for a specific taxi listing? It would be interesting to see what they were looking for if that is the case.

'Open Prospects' is my favourite! Was this for a listing too? I don't really have any comments on this one, it's really nice!
Just think you might wanna have a look over those tags again because I'm not sure if the genres you listed really fit the tracks.

I'm definitely not a professional but I think there is definitely some strong stuff to work with here! Keep it up and hope I helped :D
Leanne
Leanne Hobbins

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually, the confidence will follow.” - Carrie Fisher

NoellR
Active
Active

Post by NoellR » Thu May 30, 2019 2:32 am

Hobbins17 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 2:53 pm
Hey Noell!
I'm still pretty much a newbie in this industry but these songs are interesting!

For the first one, 'Gray Mountain', I couldn't really make out what you were singing about. I couldn't hear the lyrics very clearly. Maybe this is something you could consider. Also, I wasn't sure I would class it as a rock or metal track as suggested in the tags but then again, it is a very unique genre so I'm not sure what you would call it haha! Personally not my taste but very interesting and unique! :D

'Diamond Faceted' - love the piano line! Actually, I think the instruments work well together. It would be great to have a vocal line with this! Did you make this for a specific taxi listing? It would be interesting to see what they were looking for if that is the case.

'Open Prospects' is my favourite! Was this for a listing too? I don't really have any comments on this one, it's really nice!
Just think you might wanna have a look over those tags again because I'm not sure if the genres you listed really fit the tracks.

I'm definitely not a professional but I think there is definitely some strong stuff to work with here! Keep it up and hope I helped :D
Leanne
Hi Leanne, welcome to the Taxi Forums! And thank you for the kind words! Some of the songs posted were for taxi projects and others were for side projects. I can message you for more details on what songs I used for some of the listings as well. Thanks again! :D