Newbie Alert!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LindsayH
Active
Active

Re: Newbie Alert!

Post by LindsayH » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:39 am

IanJames wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:42 am
LindsayH wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:01 am
Hey Christian, thanks so much for your feedback, it means alot and very much appreciate you taking the time to share this. The trumpets were indeed virtual, not live! The material I have on spotify is a little less contemporary so focusing on writing some more modern music now which I don't release other than on taxi and soundcloud. I am so excited to hear I am having my back surgery in 2 weeks, this means I will be able to fly over to LA late Oct and make it for the Rally hopefully pain free, so happy!!!! Will you be going?

Lindsay H
Hi Lindsey,
I've registered but not really planning on making this year's. Used up a lot of my vacation time already this year. I have been in the past, I'm an old member who just recently re-signed up to Taxi, but I visited LA in 2004, 05 and 06 for the rally when it was in Hollywood. All three trips were worthwhile to me, so i hope you enjoy it and get a lot out of it. The experience and panels are worth it! Good luck with your surgery!
-Christian
I'll forgive you for spelling my name with an E, just this once ;) yeh its tough when its planned for the end of the year isn't it as never have much annual leave left. I have never been to LA so am excited for the experience and to hopefully meet lots of people. Looking forward to the panels too, as you say I am sure they are really valuable. Its a great community spirit too! I guess you would know given you used to be a part of it all, good to hear you are back!

Many thanks

Lindsay/Lindsey

IanJames

Re: Newbie Alert!

Post by IanJames » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:34 am

LindsayH wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:39 am
IanJames wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:42 am
LindsayH wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:01 am
Hey Christian, thanks so much for your feedback, it means alot and very much appreciate you taking the time to share this. The trumpets were indeed virtual, not live! The material I have on spotify is a little less contemporary so focusing on writing some more modern music now which I don't release other than on taxi and soundcloud. I am so excited to hear I am having my back surgery in 2 weeks, this means I will be able to fly over to LA late Oct and make it for the Rally hopefully pain free, so happy!!!! Will you be going?

Lindsay H
Hi Lindsey,
I've registered but not really planning on making this year's. Used up a lot of my vacation time already this year. I have been in the past, I'm an old member who just recently re-signed up to Taxi, but I visited LA in 2004, 05 and 06 for the rally when it was in Hollywood. All three trips were worthwhile to me, so i hope you enjoy it and get a lot out of it. The experience and panels are worth it! Good luck with your surgery!
-Christian
I'll forgive you for spelling my name with an E, just this once ;) yeh its tough when its planned for the end of the year isn't it as never have much annual leave left. I have never been to LA so am excited for the experience and to hopefully meet lots of people. Looking forward to the panels too, as you say I am sure they are really valuable. Its a great community spirit too! I guess you would know given you used to be a part of it all, good to hear you are back!

Many thanks

Lindsay/Lindsey
Lindsay, my apologies on the spelling err. How embarrassing, thanks for being cool about it and giving me the one time pass! It will not happen again! :)