Newbie here! Question about exclusive submissions

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ErinC
Active
Active

Newbie here! Question about exclusive submissions

Post by ErinC » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:39 am

I have a few songs on distro kid that I would like to submit but one of the posts says can’t already be distributed. Should I take it off of distro kid? Or wait to see if it gets passed taxi first screeners?
Thanks for your help in advance. I’m really excited to be part of this new community of writers and professionals :-)

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Newbie here! Question about exclusive submissions

Post by OwenGrech » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:17 am

Hi Erin,

Welcome to Taxi :)

I would personally suggest to take care of the distribution issue first as if the track gets forwarded it will be on the library owner/music supervisor's desk and should they decide to sign your track you don't want your first correspondence to be discussing this issue and having them waiting while you sort it out (in case that is even a possibility). That wouldn't make a good first impression. I would have everything sorted out beforehand (including becoming a member of a PRO (Performing Rights Society) if you are not already- ( but don't register any tracks yet - that's another issue in itself:) )

I'm also not 100% sure if it is good enough to take a track off a distributing platform AFTER it has existed out there. I personally never put tracks that I intend to sign for sync out there in the wild so I am not experienced on this issue however you might want to check to be safe.

Hope this helps!
Regards,

Owen

ErinC
Active
Active

Re: Newbie here! Question about exclusive submissions

Post by ErinC » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:18 am

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I didn't even know a service like this existed when I put it on DistroKid. I will do some more research about it. Thanks Owen. Have a great day :)