Not close enough...

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

chris555

Not close enough...

Post by chris555 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:30 am

Thanks for the review #249 and although it was not forwarded, I do understand we were not close enough to the request for style. The review was actually a good one, but we'll have to come closer to the sound before sending in another version.Peace - MoGhttp://www.mogmusic.netS080131AMA wide range of great-sounding AMERICANA/ALT. COUNTRY-ROCK SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS in the range of the Old 97's, Lucinda Williams, Wilco, the Flying Burrito Brothers, Dillard & Clark, the Jayhawks, etc. are sought by a West Coast-based Music Publisher who typically supplies music to companies such as Muzak (tracks for retail shops, restaurants, malls, etc.). He's been expanding his repertoire and wants to find great material for TV projects, as he has numerous contacts in that world as well. Male or female vocals are OK. He's asked us to be extra selective in what we forward - he wants quality over quantity - so your vocal and instrumental performances must be excellent. No profanity or uncleared samples. He offers numerous types of publishing deals. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Jan. 31, 2008. TAXI # S080131AMReview from #249Kristen - I think your writing, and singing are both good.I think the groove of the song comes together by the first chorus, but I think you have to nail it right from the top. If you're really interested in pitching for this listing, you could consider listening to the artists mentioned and trying to take in the country feel. You're very talented with the melodies, and I'm sure your voice would sound good in a more acoustic setting. The part that you have in common with the country style is the storytelling of the lyrics, but most country songs never repeat lyrics other than in the chorus - the verses usually have lyrics that are all unique to themselves.