November MEMBER DEALS

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

taxidave
Active
Active

November MEMBER DEALS

Post by taxidave » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:47 pm

Member Deals: 11/1/2007-11/30/2007Dean B. (Brier, WA)-After a one-to-one session at the TAXI Road Rally with Don Grierson, Don referred Dean to 2 Publishers in Los Angeles. He contacted the first publisher right away, and has now signed a contract with this publisher due to the connections he’s made through the Road Rally.Barry S. (Charlottesville, VA)-Barry’s song “Returns & Exchanges” will be used in a forthcoming episode of the Farrely Bros. TV comedy “Unhitched.” The show debuts on FOX in March 2008.Barry S. (Charlottesville, VA)-Barry’s song “Returns & Exchanges” was currently being used in the upcoming Indie Film “Sugar,” about a Dominican baseball player emigrating to the U.S. This is yet another placement for the same song with the connection he made through TAXI.Paula M. (Santa Monica, CA)-At the 2006 TAXI Road Rally convention, Paula placed her CD into a huge box that was being collected for the Manager of a West Coast Publisher. Three months later Paula received a phone call from this publisher and ended up signing a 5-year publishing deal to have her music placed in Film/TV projects. This publisher is representing all 11 songs on Paula’s album. Paula’s song was recently aired in Canada for the show “About a Girl.”Neal B. (Downview, ON, Canada)-Neal’s song was forwarded to this LA-based Music Library, and ever since he’s had 3 songs placed on 2 Major Networks. Neal’s song “It Girl” was placed 2 times in the same episode of CBS’s show “Life Is Wild,” aired on Nov. 4th, 2007. Neal’s song “My Privileged Life” was placed on the ABC sitcom “Notes From The Underbelly.”Neal B. (Downview, ON, Canada)-After being forwarded to MTV, Neal had 12 songs licensed for various reality shows like “Making the Band” and “The Real World.”Neal B. (Downview, ON, Canada)-After being forwarded to an East Coast Music Library/Publisher through TAXI, Neal signed a 12-song deal to receive various placements in cable shows.Neal B. (Downview, ON, Canada)-After being forwarded to an International Publishing Company, Neal has some respective pending deals with other artists.Charles S. (Brentwood, TN)-Through a Dispatch listing requesting World music, Chuck made the connection with a Music Production Library and signed a 10 songs deal.Charles S. (Brentwood, TN)-Chuck submitting a traditional Asian track through TAXI and was forwarded to an East Coast Music Library/Publisher that has signed & placed dozens of TAXI songs. Chuck received a 2-song licensing deal.Charles S. (Brentwood, TN)-Chucks’ Disco Track “Summer's Gone” was forwarded and signed with the President of an LA-based Music Library.Robert K. (Columbus, OH)-Robert recently received his first deal with a forward to Music Library that signed 2 of his instrumental acoustic guitar tracks. “I owe Taxi heaps of gratitude not only for the submission opportunities, but for an education in the way the music business really works. The willingness of veterans to help out the forum newbies and provide detailed information is unbelievable in itself.”Bill M. (Cincinnati, OH)-Bill signed a 2-song deal with a Music Library/Publisher with many high-level network contacts and TAXI song placements. This was through a listing request for vintage 80’s material.Beth S. (Kansas City, MO)-Beth signed a 2-song deal with a Music Library/Publisher with many high-level network contacts and TAXI song placements. This was through a listing request for vintage 80’s material.Stan S. (Nashville, TN)-Stan’s song was signed to a well known Music Library, and this library deal leaded up to his song being placed on the Discovery Channel’s Health Special.Stan S. (Nashville, TN)-Stan received a 4-song licensing deal with an LA-based Music Library.Stan S. (Nashville, TN)-Stan signed a licensing deal for his song “Simple Things” with a U.K.-based Music Library/Publishing Company.James W. (Lake Oswego, OR)-James song “Zero” was signed with a West Coast Music Licensing Company/Library that has had placements on ABC, CBS, FOX, MTV, the WB, and the CW [plus cable TV placements).James W. (Lake Oswego, OR)-James signed a 2-song deal with an LA-based music library after being forwarded through TAXI.Sheldon G. (Yorktown Heights, NY)-Just before the TAXI Road Rally, Sheldon was contacted and offered an agreement by the Owner of a Music Production Library about his piano instrumentals he submitted through TAXI.William M. (Atlanta, GA)-William signed a 6-song deal with the Owner of a Music Production Library.Daniel C. (Levittown, PA)-Daniel had a slow, dramatic instrumental forwarded and signed to an East Coast Music Publisher. “I'd say Taxi certainly improved my writing because I am a trial and error musician. I did not major in music in college and I learned recording by screwing it up - from my Yamaha 4-track back in 1994 to my current Pro Tools set-up. I started trying to write for listings several years ago (instead of finding listings for existing songs) and that was a great exercise. It helped especially when I was finally asked to write to specific guidelines including time deadlines.”Felix W. (Hilliard, OH)-Felix’s song “Groove Up” was signed with the President of an LA-based Music Library.Scott B. (Burbank, CA)-Scott’s song “Flower and Stone” was picked up by the Executive Producer of a children’s DVD/TV and placed in a children’s documentary.Scott B. (Burbank, CA)-Scott recently had his song “Missionary Man” placed in an action film by Dolph Lundgren. This was after he had his song “Telephonic” forwarded through a TAXI Dispatch listing to a legendary Producer/Music Supervisor. “Joining TAXI has opened doors that otherwise would have been unavailable to me. And I've more than earned back my membership fee!”Martin H. (Buelach, NO, Switzerland)-Martin was recently offered to have his song placed with the owner of a Music Production Library.Congrats to all! Thank you guys for mentioning your deals this month. Be sure to send your deal mentions my way to: david@taxi.com. Thank you guys! ~DavidMember Services, TAXI