October MEMBER DEALS

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

taxidave
Active
Active

October MEMBER DEALS

Post by taxidave » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:56 am

Member Deals 10/1/2008 – 10/31/2008Steve Multer (Illinois)- Steve & Karen M. recently signed a deal with a highly successful Music Publisher through TAXI, and as a result they had their song “Lady Luck” placed in the closing scene in episode 502 of HBO’s Entourage. -They also report that they had the instrumental version of their song “Hepster’s Hop” featured for two uses in the upcoming MGM release, Legally Blondes (third in the Elle Woods series), which is also due for DTV release following several airings on MTV this Fall.“It’s tough to always find the words off appreciation for TAXI or tell the story of how incredibly important you guys are to those of us out here trying to make it day after day – it’s amazing to have the ongoing interest in addition to the ongoing support for our work.”Frank Longo (Canada)-Frank’s song “L.A. Lawyers” was used on the new NBC hit comedy series Kath & Kim. Within the same month, Frank’s song “Red Hot Romance” was aired in the first episode of the new season of Chris Rock’s show Everybody Hates Chris on the CW. Both of these are a result of a forward through TAXI to an LA-based Music Publisher that specializes in Film/TV placements.John Mazzei (California)-John M. recently reported that his song "Summer Memories" was placed in the HBO show True Blood as a result of a forward through TAXI two years ago. You can hear John's song in Episode 10, which aired on November 9th, 2008.Keith Zizza (Massachusetts)-Keith recently notified us that the Music Supervisor of a few new reality shows placed his 80’s style songs “Brand New Day” and “Callisto” in TV Land’s High School Reunion.“I particularly enjoy the Dispatch listings because it forces me to work quickly and keep my chops up. ” “I wrote and submitted a couple of 80s instrumentals for a film listing a while back and hadn't heard anything, though they were well-liked in the critique and forwarded; so when I saw the recent Dispatch listing for 80s tunes, I submitted them again and got forwarded... and accepted!”Daniel Bowman (Kentucky)-Dan’s song “Jealous of Jesus” was used in the October 23rd episode of FX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This was a direct result of a forward through TAXI to a highly successful Music Publisher based in Arizona. Dan is still benefiting many placements from this company since this connection made 6 years ago!Suzannah Doyle (Oregon)-Suzannah’s most recent deals include 12 separate placements as a result of a forward through TAXI to an Online Music Licensing company that supplies music to film, TV, video game, corporate, Internet, and DVD projects. Here’s a list of her most recent placements:*The Martha Stewart Show licensed Suz’s version of “Snake Dance (The Hootchie Kootchie)” for use in their show on Oct 31, 2008.*Vivacity’s The Voices of Women Project: An Audio Anthology licensed Suz’s and Vicki Hannah Lein’s song “All Women Are Beautiful” to be the theme song for their collection of stories about women age 40 and beyond who have transcended societal and cultural conditioning to create successful and rewarding lives that positively impact others.*Adveractive, Inc. licensed Suz’s “Pirate’s Lament” for use in an internet game.*Mystery Tutor Blog licensed Suz’s Monty Python-esque “Intermission Song” for use on their web site.*Couplehood as a Spiritual Path used used Suz’s version of “Nearer My God, To Thee,” in their educational DVD.*Col-Lar Enterprises licensed Suz’s songs “Cuppa Joe” and “Toon Town Rag” for use in “Colors in Motion,” an enabling device for the handicapped.*KVBATV (New Mexico) used David Cudo’s and Suz’s version of “Speak Softly, Love (from the Godfather)” in their Sept 27, 2008 broadcast “Jesus Jam Event.”*BCTV (Asheville, NC) used Suz’s old style piano version of “Take Me Out To the Ball Game” for a recycling PSA (air date June 13, 2008)*MTV3 in Finland, used Suz’s version of the classic “Sports Rally - Charge!” for an ice hockey promo spot.*Damelucybunandreg.com (U.K.) used Suz’s “1960s Game Show Theme” as the opening music in their web site.*Jennison Entertainment Technologies licensed Suz’s song “Toon Town Hollywood” for use in an amusement arcade game.and, most important:*Coco Bonbons (Nashville, TN) licensed Suz’s “Tinkly Fairy Walking Music” for their world-wide Fairy Tea Time project.(It is all about the chocolate, after all!!).SuzScott Saraniero (New York)-Partners in crime Fatman & Ribbon recently had their song “Wishin’ I Was Dead” licensed by the Executive Producer and Music Supervisor for a terrifying Indie film called Stabbin’ Kabin as a result of a forward through TAXI.Ronald Ermini (California)-Ron’s song “I’m Crazy ‘Bout You” will be used in the upcoming Indie Film The Secrets Of Jonathan Sperry, due in theaters March 2009. This is a result of a forward through TAXI to a Music Publisher who has signed and placed tons of TAXI songs in various Film/TV projects.Ryan Walker (Oklahoma)-Ryan’s Indie Folk/Rock band Emelo recently reported that they signed a co-publishing deal with an Indie Record Label/Publisher as a result of a forward through TAXI. This Label/Publisher mainly caters to independent musicians, and places their music in popular film/TV projects.Deborah Malena Phillipsen (California)-Deborah was contacted 10 days after she was forwarded through a TAXI Dispatch listing by the executive producer of an Indie Film. She was notified that her Traditional Country song “Dead by Dawn” would be used in the Vietnamese horror film, Tet. The film follows the mission of an American Army unit deployed to protect a sacred temple.Robert Morris (New York)-Robert reported that he received a call shortly after he was forwarded to the Executive Producer and Music Supervisor through a TAXI Dispatch request that his song “Blood On The Napeaugue Strip” was placed in the Indie Film set during the Vietnam War called Tet.Randy Thompson (Virginia)-Randy’s song “Songbird” was recently licensed and used in the upcoming Indie Comedy Film, And The Winner Is... as a result of a forward to an Independent Film Producer through a TAXI Dispatch listing.Mary Thompstone (Ireland)-Mary recently reported that she signed a licensing agreement with an Austrian Production Company with Major Distribution as a result of a forward through TAXI. Her song “Finally Home” will be featured on the album called Carpe Diem 8, distributed by Warner LTD in Europe.Jonathan Klamer (California)-Artist Jonny Blu recently had his song “I Need Love” placed on the compilation CD Late Night Moods, Vol. 3 which is being released by EMI in Poland. This was a result of being forwarded through TAXI to Arizona University Recordings, LLC.Paul Taneja (Illinois)-As a result of attending the TAXI Road Rally in 2005, Paul made a connection and signed a publishing deal with a Music Publisher who has signed and placed tons of TAXI songs in various Film/TV projects.Joseph Regan (Mississippi)-Joseph and his band Red Hill City recently scored a publishing deal with an established Indie Record Label/Publisher as a result of a forward through TAXI.Will Rayson (United Kingdom)-A month after Will mentioned his first deal with a UK-based Music Publisher, he recently reported that the same company signed his song “The Beating of the Drums” which was forwarded from TAXI through a separate listing request.“You wait 40 years for a music contract and then two come along at once!”Daniel Caravetta (Pennsylvania)-10/31/2008 - While laying on the couch watching a Comcast On-Demand guitar music commercial, Daniel noticed his song “Heavy Duty” playing for the Guitar World’s Tab commercial. This was the result of a connection he made through TAXI.“It was a pretty exciting thing for me since it was from Guitar World - I grew up reading that magazine and trying to play Eric Johnson and Van Halen from their tabs.”Daniel Caravetta (Pennsylvania)-After submitting through a TAXI Dispatch listing request, Daniel was contacted a week later by a Tennessee based Music Licensing company and signed a non-exclusive deal for 12 of his songs. The style of the songs signed ranged from Christmas, to Rock, to Solo Piano Instrumentals.Erwalt De Beer (South Africa)-Walt recently reported that his Modern/Alternative Rock song “Somewhere” was signed by a leading Music Publisher who focuses on TV/film/commercial/soundtrack/ringtone/video game placements as a result of a forward through TAXI 5 months prior to the deal.Stan Swiniarski (Tennessee)-Stan wrapped up a deal by signing 8 songs to a Music Licensing/Production Library as a result of a forward through TAXI. The company contacted him 2 weeks after he was forwarded.Jerry Zellers (California)-Jerry recently notified us that two of his solo Jazz Guitar Instrumentals were picked up by the owner of a Music Production Library as a result of a forward through TAXI.Steven Glowalla (California)-Steve recently had two of his Guitar Instrumentals picked up by the Owner of a Music Production Library as a result of a forward through TAXI.I'm getting more and more e-mails about deals that occurred at this years Road Rally, and I don't get tired of hearing them! Keep them coming, and keep on rockin'!!!Please send deal mentions to: ');// -->deals@taxi.comDavid LaidlawManager, Dispatch818-222-2464david@taxi.com

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: October MEMBER DEALS

Post by sgs4u » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:17 pm

Suzannah Doyle (Oregon)LOVE MUCH!

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:32 pm

Nice job Mazz & Suz!!!!!!

suzdoyle
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by suzdoyle » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:33 pm

Thanks, Steve & Jeff. I LOVE the crown, your royal groovy-ness, Steve. It's quite fetching. I'm thinking that all of us should start wearing these . . . And in the Kingdom of Taxi, all was well. And they all got forwards and deals and lived happily ever after!Hugs,suz

suzdoyle
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by suzdoyle » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:34 pm

And congrats to every one else for your wonderful successes! It's great to be a part of this community of creative cohorts!Suz

polygone

Post by polygone » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:29 am

good !i am new in taxi congrat to this good works

suzdoyle
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by suzdoyle » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:51 am

Hi Poly;Thanks, and welcome to Taxi! You're going to love it here!Suz

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:30 pm

Dec 2, 2008, 1:56pm, taxidave wrote:John Mazzei (California)-John M. recently reported that his song "Summer Memories" was placed in the HBO show True Blood...Congrats Mazz!!!Dec 2, 2008, 1:56pm, taxidave wrote:Suzannah Doyle (Oregon)-Suzannah’s most recent deals include 12 separate placements as a result of a forward through TAXI to an Online Music Licensing company that supplies music to film, TV, video game, corporate, Internet, and DVD projects.It's all about...SUZ!

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nycoach » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:31 am

A big congrats to all of you!