OH MY GOSH!!!! D080117MP

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jameii
Impressive
Impressive

OH MY GOSH!!!! D080117MP

Post by jameii » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:51 pm

OK so I"m new to Taxi as most of you know. I've gotten NO after NO...but mostly because I applied to the wrong listings SO...today I tried out for America's Got Talent and not only did they ask me to sing a second song during the audition!! But they did an on camera interview!!That said I got my FIRST FORWARD!!!It's for D080117MPI am SO excited!!!!! This was in my opinion a high bar...Could you guys listen to the song and tell me what you think? It was one of those pass/fails so I don't know WHY it was forwarded..but I"m THRILLED!!I don't even know HOW to link the song LOL..in my bio it's Happily Ever AfterIF you'll tell me how to link it I will!!I'm SO excited!!!! would LOVE your feedback...Love and light..Jamie

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: OH MY GOSH!!!! D080117MP

Post by squids » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:28 pm

Hey Jamie:Congrats on the forward!! And were you serious about America's Got Talent? Cuz that's way cool too!If you wanna link your tune, just try: http://www.taxi.com/yourname (whatever name you used to sign up with)I'm lookin' forward to hearing!

jameii
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jameii » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:39 pm

Quote:Hey Jamie:Congrats on the forward!! And were you serious about America's Got Talent? Cuz that's way cool too!If you wanna link your tune, just try: http://www.taxi.com/yourname (whatever name you used to sign up with)I'm lookin' forward to hearing! OH! Ok www.taxi.com/jamiesouthworthSong is Happily Everafter.FUnny thing is that I submitted 3 songs. The other 2 aren't showing up yet in EITHER place...they aren't pending and they aren't returned or forwarded...interesting!

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:47 pm

Hey jameii,Congrats on all of your success!! Those are some major accomplishments IMO. Listened to your song Happily Everafter. Veeerrryy Good!! Excellent vocals. And the band is hittin' on all cylinders. Great job!As far as you not seeing anything with your songs, it's possible you may have missed some crucial steps upon submitting your material. They should be showing up. This may sound like a stupid question, but did you get to the point where you actually paid for all 3 of your submissions? Or did you really end up only paying for 1? Your receipt should show $15 for 3 submissions, I would think. I don't know. Just guessing. Maybe a call to TAXI would clear some things up for ya'. ibanez468

jameii
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jameii » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:01 am

Quote:Hey jameii,Congrats on all of your success!! Those are some major accomplishments IMO. Listened to your song Happily Everafter. Veeerrryy Good!! Excellent vocals. And the band is hittin' on all cylinders. Great job!As far as you not seeing anything with your songs, it's possible you may have missed some crucial steps upon submitting your material. They should be showing up. This may sound like a stupid question, but did you get to the point where you actually paid for all 3 of your submissions? Or did you really end up only paying for 1? Your receipt should show $15 for 3 submissions, I would think. I don't know. Just guessing. Maybe a call to TAXI would clear some things up for ya'. ibanez468Thanks so much for listening!!!I didn't mean I heard nothing. I got about 11 returns. But I realized that almost every single return wasnt' due to lack of quality it was due to submitting a ballad to an up tempo, etc.Good luck to all!!Jamie

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:02 am

Hey Jamie!!Great production, great vocals. Well done! (nice photos too, btw). I'd call Taxi tomorrow and find out about those missing tunes unless you find your receipt and they're not on there. Sounds like the songs are on walkabout or something. Congrats!!

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:17 am

Hi there,Congratulations, I listened to your song it's really cool and WOW the build up from 2:35 is pretty neat lol!Thanks for sharing it and good luck.Lindsey.

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:59 am

JameiiThose are really great songs and excellent recordings, I give it ***** !! You're bound to wind up soon as another big success story in the Taxi family. Best regards,ArkJack

keithl
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by keithl » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:38 am

Congrats Jamii..very cool! Great tune.

jameii
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jameii » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:14 am

Man! I want you guys to follow me around all day!! What a great feeling to get your feedback.INteresting little story about the band that cut my CD. Did any of you see "The Next Great American Band" on Fox last fall? It was the American Idol for Bands.There was a band that came in third "Denver & The Mile High Orchestra". The drummer, Jared Ribble, the lead guitar, Paul Gregory & the bass player Tony Marvelli cut my album! There were AMAZING. I was SO proud of them! I Just finished writing 3 new songs and I'm headed to Nashville in March to record the demos with them. If ANY of you want amazing production at a truly affordable price contact me and I'll put you in touch with my producer (Sean Gasaway). He is incredibly talented.The acoustic player is Paul Hagy..who has tons of experience with great bands like SheDaisy!Whenever they get a compliment I send it on to them...I think they are such amazing musicians!Much love,Jamie