Old School Punk, Just Curious...

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

daniel481
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Old School Punk, Just Curious...

Post by daniel481 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:28 am

...to see what you guys think of these:Susie Loves Punkhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=67567&stream=1Angry Parents Just Don't Get Ithttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=67569&stream=1For this listing: Old School PUNK SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS are sought by an LA-based Music Library owned by veterans of that industry. Think the Ramones, the Sex Pistols, the Buzzcocks, Black Flag, the Circle Jerks, early Blondie, etc. Great performances are essential. They offer a non-exclusive, 50/50 split deal - you keep your original copyrights. No need to submit same material if forwarded for Y070122PK. Broadcast quality needed. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. Submissions must be received no later than Oct. 17, 2007. TAXI # Y071017PKIf you have time and don't mind please let me know!Thanks all,Dan

diogenes
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Old School Punk, Just Curious...

Post by diogenes » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:47 am

I think those fit the bill. They reminded me of a bit more crafted Ramones. Good luck

paults
Impressive
Impressive

Post by paults » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:04 am

Good job! Those sound right on target to me. (Gabba Gabba Hey!)

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:54 am

Hey Dan, good tracks, intros take me back to the Sex Pistols. I would say on target. One point, the drum track seems to "skip" (loops?) around .10 and .22 sounds a little weird but aside from that sounds good... Geo

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:22 am

Great tracks. Sometimes I think punk is the only real music left with the true Rockn Roll spirit. i had an awesome time working with some punkers here in Vancouver, 'til they went on a road trip and the guitar player broke the drummer's leg. End of a good band... These sound like band tracks with the singer removed. Sometimes they'll work for instrumental listings (probably even moreso for punk). But usually my minus mixes are returned because there's no melody to keep screeners interested. Just letting ya know my experience, not suggesting you should change anything. Wait & see what happens. Let us know!