Omnisphere 2.7?

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Omnisphere 2.7?

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:07 am

I'm considering buying Omnisphere 2.7...

Can anyone provide any feedback? Are you glad you bought it? How do you use it in your productions?

Thanks,
DK

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Omnisphere 2.7?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:11 pm

It's a go to instrument for a lot of things, there's a massive amount of content , flexibility and sound design features.

I would say it's toss up between this and one of the NI Komplete bundles as 'most useful ' for sync licensing

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:22 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:11 pm
It's a go to instrument for a lot of things, there's a massive amount of content , flexibility and sound design features.

I would say it's toss up between this and one of the NI Komplete bundles as 'most useful ' for sync licensing
That's great to know, thank you. I'm also considering the NI Komplete bundles, and torn a bit. May have to get both! Thanks again...
DK

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:10 pm

DouglasKnight wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:22 pm
cosmicdolphin wrote:

That's great to know, thank you. I'm also considering the NI Komplete bundles, and torn a bit. May have to get both! Thanks again...
DK
Both is great...depends on what genres you write in as well...and which Komplete bundle..I guess Komplete has more traditional strings/pianos/bass etc..Omni is a bit more synth-like although there are a lot of patches that have organic origins/sources but they tend to be treated to have more of a sound design edge

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:36 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:10 pm
DouglasKnight wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:22 pm
cosmicdolphin wrote:

DK
Both is great...depends on what genres you write in as well...and which Komplete bundle..I guess Komplete has more traditional strings/pianos/bass etc..Omni is a bit more synth-like although there are a lot of patches that have organic origins/sources but they tend to be treated to have more of a sound design edge

Okay, great to know. I'm hoping to do ambient / new age instrumentals primarily, so the synth sounds in Omnisphere may be perfect....