On My Way - laid back indie

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ErinC
Active
Active

On My Way - laid back indie

Post by ErinC » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:42 am

Hello all :) I just submitted this for acoustic indie and was told it's not acoustic. Which...I agree with. Maybe if I mute mellotron and other electronic thickness adds it'll better fit indie acoustic but regardless I really like the tune. I'd like some feedback on ways I can make it better or better suited for sync. Thanks :)

https://soundcloud.com/erincandthergd/o ... 1741098454

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: On My Way - laid back indie

Post by DouglasKnight » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:50 pm

Hi Erin! I listened a few times and wanted to give you some feedback on this lovely song. I liked the melody, the laid back vibe and the cool production elements you've got going on. It's very easy on the ear! It is a little bit repetitive though, so adding some more surprises here and there or developing the lyrics could help make it even better but that's just my opinion and I'm no expert! When it comes to sync, it could be perfect for the right listing but you may be waiting a while for that, and it would have to really fit in with the references given. You may have better luck writing something new specifically for the listings as they come up and trying to match the vibe of the references as closely as possible. Thanks for sharing your music, and good luck! Doug