Opinion on track for listing

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

scottdionne1972

Opinion on track for listing

Post by scottdionne1972 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:24 am

Edited post as per comments below

Hey there,

New member here so still trying to get the feel for things. Curious whether those in the know think my track might fit the bill (in terms of style, quality, production, etc.) here:

ROMANTIC DUETS with Male and Female Vocals are needed by a really impressive Music Licensing Company with a very long list of great Film, TV, and Commercial placements!
Please submit Duets in the following genres: Adult Contemporary, Pop, Singer/Songwriter, and R&B.
This Company is searching for Down-to-Mid-Tempo Songs that have the general style and vibe of the following references and others in the same wheelhouse:

"Perfect Duet" by Ed Sheeran & Beyoncé https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=817P8W8-mGE

"U Move, I Move" by John Legend feat. Jhené Aiko https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ficEze_Th1s

"If The World Was Ending" by JP Saxe feat. Julia Michaels https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jO2wSpAoxA

"Best Part" by H.E.R. feat. Daniel Caesar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBy7FaapGRo

Please send heartfelt Duets that could enhance the mood of a romantic scene in a TV show. Captivating melodies, well-crafted lyrics, and memorable choruses are all required for this pitch. We think stripped-down performances and more filled-out arrangements could both work for this pitch. Whichever approach you decide to take, your production should be on the same general playing field as the references and other artists like them. Any and all software sounds or samples you use should be high-quality and modern, as well. Well-performed, compelling vocals could help you seal the deal with this Company!

Here's the track:

https://soundcloud.com/scott-dionne-298 ... -missed-it

Thanks in advance for any comments

Scott
Last edited by scottdionne1972 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Opinion on track for listing

Post by Zaychi » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:39 am

Linking like that doesn't work - just takes you to the main listing page. Just copy-paste the listing text.

And try using soundcloud for linking to your song.

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:51 am

Zaychi wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:39 am
Linking like that doesn't work - just takes you to the main listing page. Just copy-paste the listing text.

And try using soundcloud for linking to your song.
Works for me (romantic duets), but yes, a copy/paste with embedded links to the ref tracks is always a help.

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cassmcentee » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:52 am

Thumbs Up from Me!
Nice work
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

scottdionne1972

Post by scottdionne1972 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:01 pm

cassmcentee wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:52 am
Thumbs Up from Me!
Nice work
Thanks very much

mwb2
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mwb2 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:10 pm

Hi Scott,

One little thing I heard - around 2:31 the harmony you sing sounds like a Db against a D-natural in the harmony.

For me this is a really nice song and the recording sounds great, but all the refs have a definite pop/urban influence that I'm not hearing here. My 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mike
Mike

soundcloud.com/mwb2
instagram.com/mikekrishton

scottdionne1972

Post by scottdionne1972 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:17 pm

mwb2 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:10 pm
Hi Scott,

One little thing I heard - around 2:31 the harmony you sing sounds like a Db against a D-natural in the harmony.

For me this is a really nice song and the recording sounds great, but all the refs have a definite pop/urban influence that I'm not hearing here. My 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mike
Wow that was a great catch on the harmony, thanks! And yes I agree with the reference track influences, but was going more off the description of AC or Singer/songwriter - which is why I was looking for opinions because perhaps that's the wrong approach to take.

mwb2
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mwb2 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:47 pm

scottdionne1972 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:17 pm
Wow that was a great catch on the harmony, thanks! And yes I agree with the reference track influences, but was going more off the description of AC or Singer/songwriter - which is why I was looking for opinions because perhaps that's the wrong approach to take.
FWIW - I am by NO means the Screener Whisperer... so they may think it works great! However my general experience is that the references are very important, moreso than the verbal descriptions.
Mike

soundcloud.com/mwb2
instagram.com/mikekrishton

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:12 pm

Hi Scott,

Beautiful song and nice recording.

You might want to check the tuning on the vocal at 3:33 "waiting for me" it could be just me but I noticed a miniscule/ slight clashing with the female vocal. The C note "wait" going into Eb on the "ing" the C note is almost a bit sharp, I had to bend the note on my guitar to match your vocal.

If this is too intense sorry, I rather speak up than say nothing specially if the song is so beautiful.

good luck

scottdionne1972

Post by scottdionne1972 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:40 pm

gitanosoy wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:12 pm
Hi Scott,

Beautiful song and nice recording.

You might want to check the tuning on the vocal at 3:33 "waiting for me" it could be just me but I noticed a miniscule/ slight clashing with the female vocal. The C note "wait" going into Eb on the "ing" the C note is almost a bit sharp, I had to bend the note on my guitar to match your vocal.

If this is too intense sorry, I rather speak up than say nothing specially if the song is so beautiful.

good luck
Thank you for your words and for pointing out that potential harmony issue as well - my wife and I did this song and we struggled with the harmonies a lot! This is exactly what I was hoping to get out of my post