Opinions please

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

louluz

Opinions please

Post by louluz » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:49 am

Updated version of song "Tonight" with string quartet is available for listening on my site (The Music) or Soundclick. I would appreciate all comments and opinions..Thanks....The version on Soundclick : 128kpbs, on /luzzomusic : 192kpbsLou

staggerlee

Re: Opinions please

Post by staggerlee » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:17 pm

Well I enjoyed listening to this piece, very melancholic, I think you can do several things to make it more comercial. Shorten the intro to about 10-15 sec. The strings should really move faster thanb the chord changes, rather then together with them. This will create more interest. To make it even more dramatic start the strings melody as a consonant to the chord beneath it, then move them into a dissonance and resolve it when the second chord comes along.

louluz

Post by louluz » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:49 am

Thanks Stagger ......your input is much appreciated!!!!

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:35 am

Hi Lou,Just listened to your tune. It has great promise, I think. But it is a bit 'drab' at the moment. There's nothing there that catches me. You have a very nice voice. The recording is well done and it's a pretty good mix. I think some of Stagger's comments might go a long way in making it a bit more interesting to listen to. Especially, shortening the intro.Keep at it, it'll get there.Good luck,Steve