We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Cruciform
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Orchestral Electronic Hybrid

Post by Cruciform » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:32 am

Hey Dave,

Just having another listen. Have you overwritten the file again? This sounds better still than I remember. 8-) The wobbles are really kicking now, maybe I was just too tired last time.

----------

Salty,

Yeh, I have to revisit this mix and work out what to do to finish it.

dschreiberjr
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Orchestral Electronic Hybrid

Post by dschreiberjr » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Cruciform wrote:Hey Dave,
Just having another listen. Have you overwritten the file again? This sounds better still than I remember. 8-) The wobbles are really kicking now, maybe I was just too tired last time.
I think I over wrote it just the once, but I can't remember for sure. Kicking is good!
Cruciform wrote:Fair's fair. Since I got to critique you guys, here is my sub. The mix and production needs way more work, I simply ran out of time. :| Oh well, the silver lining is Threat assessed was snapped up to be included in my collection so it already has a home when it's finished.
http://soundcloud.com/cruciform/threat-assessed/s-dfWbg
The intro is great. The rhythmic feel on the strings is driving and exciting. It's a great piece. The dubstep climax at the 1 minute mark feels 90% of the way there. It sounds like it wants to go absolutely crazy and nuts with dubstep wobbles and rises and other elements. It just sounds like it needs more layers. On that same initial downbeat to that whole section, it feels like it wants some big thumping over the top hit right there...then the dubstep just makes it crazy!

Overall, great track! Can't wait to hear back on it. Lots of good stuff submitted.

Dave