ORGANIC VS EDM electronic

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AsburyParkAngel
Active
Active

ORGANIC VS EDM electronic

Post by AsburyParkAngel » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:21 pm

Okay, so I've made a few connections with some sweeties, (Collaboration). Thank you guys.

Checking out all the New TAXI listings, some from European and UK companies. The samples are very keyboard heavy, repititious and with sorta mono-tone vocals.

Wondering of my "Guitar" ship left for good. Don't want to be an old dog who cant or won't learn new trick (was raised on and amazing old school progressive and classic rock of Queen Aerosmith, Boston, Bad Company, Ambrosia) where the lead vocalists and lead guitarists were transcendent.

Seems to me amazing Freddy Mercury- Geoff Tate, Brad Delp voices and Tom Scholtz, Page guitars aren't in style any more.

In know music changes but...many of us guitarists spent YEARS practicing our arpeggios and experimenting with unique chords. To me, the new music that is coveted by the record companies is very keyboard heavy, ambient and not unique.

So, is there still a place for powerful guitar and lead vocals, and are we classic-progressive rock dinosaurs still in style or is our only outlet "vintage" listings?

I love to learn new things in music, but when I mention incorporating some modern bets to my new music, my hubby, ( an professional rock soundman) says, You're then making your music into ____hit! I don't wish to lower my "bar" to be in style and compromise my gift and stylings but there has to be some compromise. Any rockers out there wondering also?

Here is my website, where you can here my rock-jazz influences and my lead guitarist, Chris and his classic rock style,

https://anitaivetteferrerasburyparkangel.org/
Last edited by AsburyParkAngel on Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AsburyParkAngel
Active
Active

Re: ORGANIC VS EDM electronic

Post by AsburyParkAngel » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:28 pm

AsburyParkAngel wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:21 pm
Okay, so I've made a few connections with some sweeties, (Collaboration). Thank you guys.

Checking out all the New TAXI listings, some from European and UK companies. The samples are very keyboard heavy, repititious and with sorta mono-tone vocals.

Wondering of my "Guitar" ship left for good. Don't want to be an old dog who cant or won't learn new trick (was raised on and amazing old school progressive and classic rock of Queen Aerosmith, Boston, Bad Company, Ambrosia) where the lead vocalists and lead guitarists were transcendent.

Seems to me amazing Freddy Mercury- Geoff Tate, Brad Delp voices and Tom Scholtz, Page guitars aren't in style any more.

In know music changes but...many of us guitarists spent YEARS practicing our arpeggios and experimenting with unique chords. To me, the new music that is coveted by the record companies is very keyboard heavy, ambient and not unique.

So, is there still a place for powerful guitar and lead vocals, and are we classic-progressive rock dinosaurs still in style or is our only outlet "vintage" listings?

I love to learn new things in music, but when I mention incorporating some modern bets to my new music, my hubby, ( an professional rock soundman) says, You're then making your music into ____hit! I don't wish to lower my "bar" to be in style and compromise my gift and stylings but there has to be some compromise. Any rockers out there wondering also?
Here is my website where you can hear my Rock-jazz influences and my lead guitarist Chris, MOD PROPHET https://anitaivetteferrerasburyparkangel.org/

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:45 am

AsburyParkAngel wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:21 pm
It's not left for good it's just changed.

There's loads of good modern guitar music out there, I'm enjoying the new Royal Blood Album at the moment and have noticed they are all over the TV and Radio - I've heard their latest single used on the broadcast for BBC's coverage of the Euro Championships ( which is a big deal for football fans all around Europe 23m tuned in to the BBC for England's Semi-Final win in the UK )

Here is the track they used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA1hBL_-oZc

Obviously they're not drawing from the same influences you mentioned but more recent bands like The Killers , Queens Of The Stoneage, Muse, Artic Monkeys, Jack White as well as non rock music like Daft Punk

Then they put their own spin on it ( all the lead guitar and bass parts come from Mike's bass via a combination of amps and pedals )

AsburyParkAngel
Active
Active

Post by AsburyParkAngel » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:07 pm

Thanks for responding to my query:) HOw female rockers, like Pat Benatar, Heart, Evanescence
and Joan Jett?

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:55 pm

AsburyParkAngel wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:07 pm
Thanks for responding to my query:) HOw female rockers, like Pat Benatar, Heart, Evanescence
and Joan Jett?
Not quite sue of the question..if you mean "How About female rockers like "...then I guess the same principle applies. I don't really know which female fronted rock bands are popular right now but I would imagine the publishers are not typically looking for legacy type rock sounds a la Benetar , Heart, Jett.

Being female doesn't mean you have to use female references, a woman can use male references and vice versa. It's more about what music sounds like now Vs 30 years ago