Original lounge jazz instrumentals

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Original lounge jazz instrumentals

Post by ComposerLDG » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:06 am

Ok so I worked up something new for this listing. The listing mentioned something that would play in a fancy restaurant or a smoky bar, so I thought something along the lines of a jazz trio that would be playing live there. But the track just fell flat and was begging for strings. You wouldn't have a string ensemble playing in a bar, but I thought it might be the music playing in some film noir taking place in a bar, or something like that. Or maybe the strings make it too schmaltzy? Anyway, feedback appreciated! Thanks in advance.

ORIGINAL LOUNGE JAZZ INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Production Music Library that’s frequently pitching to Film, TV, and Commercials. They’re eagerly looking for authentic-sounding Lounge Jazz Instrumentals in a wide range of Tempos and Styles. Please listen to the following references to get an idea of what might work for this pitch:

“Almost Summer" by Franz Gordon

"Satin Doll" by New York Jazz Lounge

"Blue Moon" by New York Jazz Lounge

Please submit original well-crafted Lounge Jazz Instrumentals that capture the vibe, sound, and style of the references mentioned above. Your submissions should sound like real humans playing real instruments, even if you're using Virtual Instruments! Be sure to stick to one mood and motif from beginning to end in each submission. Anything that sounds synthetic, obviously quantized, or obviously MIDI-driven won't work for this pitch.

TAXI Tip: If you can imagine your track playing in a smoky bar or fine-dining restaurant scene, you could be on the right track! They're not looking for the most brilliant compositions so much as music that brings the mood of a scene to life!

All submissions should be approximately 2-4 minutes in length, give or take, with non-faded endings. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is neede
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Original lounge jazz instrumentals

Post by funsongs » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:54 am

Well, dang, Loren. Like you might expect - it's a great composition & track - but sounds more like a film score piece, due to the strings.
Can you post it up sans the ensemble, and let us hear the stripped-down version?
(edit, addendum) how about experimenting with swapping out that string part with just a big Gibson jazz guitar sound ala George Benson - the same thing, only with one guitar like you might hear in a live lounge band?
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ComposerLDG » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:41 pm

Thanks, Peter. When I get back in tonight I will work up a remix without strings. Appreciate the comments.
Loren DiGiorgi
lorendigiorgi.com
YouTube
Instagram

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jaywilliams » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:32 pm

I like the composition but its placing me in an elevator or waiting room moreso than a jazz bar.

best of luck!
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ComposerLDG » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:34 pm

jaywilliams wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:32 pm
I like the composition but its placing me in an elevator or waiting room moreso than a jazz bar.

best of luck!
Thanks, Jay. I may just keep this for another listing!
Loren DiGiorgi
lorendigiorgi.com
YouTube
Instagram