Original lounge jazz instrumentals

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Original lounge jazz instrumentals

Post by ComposerLDG » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Got two through on this one. The first song, "Apple Of My Eye," was written for a similar listing last month, but was returned because the screener felt the drums sounded stiff. Re-recorded the drum track and resubmitted, and got it forwarded this time. "May I Have This Dance" was written several years ago and has been forwarded before, but so far no bites yet. This version is a remix and remaster hoping to make it more usable.

D190305LJ
ORIGINAL LOUNGE JAZZ INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Production Music Library that’s frequently pitching to Film, TV, and Commercials. They’re eagerly looking for authentic-sounding Lounge Jazz Instrumentals in a wide range of Tempos and Styles. Please listen to the following references to get an idea of what might work for this pitch:

“Almost Summer" by Franz Gordon

"Satin Doll" by New York Jazz Lounge

"Blue Moon" by New York Jazz Lounge

Please submit original well-crafted Lounge Jazz Instrumentals that capture the vibe, sound, and style of the references mentioned above. Your submissions should sound like real humans playing real instruments, even if you're using Virtual Instruments! Be sure to stick to one mood and motif from beginning to end in each submission. Anything that sounds synthetic, obviously quantized, or obviously MIDI-driven won't work for this pitch.

TAXI Tip: If you can imagine your track playing in a smoky bar or fine-dining restaurant scene, you could be on the right track! They're not looking for the most brilliant compositions so much as music that brings the mood of a scene to life!
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram

Got2compose
Active
Active

Re: Original lounge jazz instrumentals

Post by Got2compose » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:55 am

Congratulations Loren!!! Great writing, good luck!!!
Did you record the drums live or use samples?

ComposerLDG
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ComposerLDG » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:56 am

Thanks! They were virtual drums, but I played them live.
Loren DiGiorgi
Uniquely piano-inspired Orchestral | Tension | Hybrid | Trailer
lorendigiorgi.com
www.taxi.com/lorendigiorgi
www.soundcloud.com/ldigiorgi
YouTube
Instagram

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:13 pm

You play incredibly well, Loren! I'm always amazed and whoever is playing those brushes in "May I Have This Dance", is doing a great job as well!
Those forwards = a no-brainer for the screener. Congrats!!

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers